Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soldier

need help with a real red face - ivory soap??

Okay i have been using hibiclens as my cleanser and then after i dry off aqua glycolic 10% aha toner, and then alpha hyrdrox lotion, so far all my clogged pores are clear and my acne is gone, but even though my face is clear it is real red. Dont know if this is from the hibiclens or the alpha hydrox lotion. Kinda concerned becuase people always ask me if im mad or if im hot and im just like no i have a real red face, was thinking of tryng the exfoliation brush ivory soap regimen but am afraid ill lose the success ive been having, how is the ivory soap could i replace my hibiclens with this and then use the lotion would that maybe reduce the redness i mean hibiclens is kinda of harsh. I just dont like being red and oily even if i dont have any acne its kinda just as bad i mean no zits but all red and greasy is still gross, i think the alpha hydrox makes me greasy but my main question is can i replace the hibiclens with ivory i mean does a face wash have to be anti bacterial or will ivory soap do the trick

Hibiclens doesn't cause a red face, so if it works for you, stick with it. You are getting a red face from the AHA products.. it happens to a lot of people.

Since you are using 2 AHA products (toner and lotion) try cutting down to just one product, or try only using it once a day or every other day.