Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest virgo

DRY AND FLAKEY!!

Guest virgo

I'm on BenzaClin and it's making my skin so dry and flakey no matter HOW much I exfoliate!! It's so tight and uncomfortable and it looks like I have dead skin on my face as if I don't wash it or something. I dunno if there's anything that I can do besides go off the Benza (which I'm not gonna do for a while) to get rid of this!

Guest james11

Exfoliating too much will irritate your skin more! Maybe cut back the use of Benza if you don't to drop it completely.

With Benzaclin you have to apply like two fingertips worth, one on each cheek, very small ammount on each finger tip, very small, it's a topical antibiotic so you don't need to waste and cram it on your skin like BP.

Benzaclin dried my skin out VERY BADLY too! Instead, use a 2.5% BP, it works MUCH better and doesn't dry the skin out if you use it with a light moisturizer.

Seriously, you don't need to dry your skin out with that benzacrap in order to have clear skin. A gently approach works much better.

I'm actually taking Benzaclin & taking Minocyclin Tablets. First day so far, hardly any drying, but I havent even Moisturized :P I knew it had 5% Bp, so I played it smart and did what John 617 said, apply a thin layer on your fingertips and slowly spread it across the area.

Dude, its just how much you use. Drink water too eh.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

The only thing that works for me to stop the dryness is a complexion brush and clinique mild toner. The toner does have SA in it so itmight irritate others but it works for me. I've tried stopping one or the other and my skin starts to get dry and flakey again. Benzaclin is way less drying for me then 2.5% BP ever was.