Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kjp

hypertrophic scars and keloids

I would like to know if anyone knows someone with hypertrophic scars and/or keloids. How much did it cost them to treat the scars, and how did it turn out.

kjp

I remember looking through a medical book full of disfigured people. It doesn't make me feel any better. In the bible it says god created all men equal. Well then why don't i have good skin, why do all of us suffer. Those people with good skin who judge me they will suffer to eventually. I used to see people born with just torso's and arms riding on skateboards trying to kill themselves by going fast into brick walls...why!...I will stop now.

By the way: Hypertrophic and keloid scars are not the same so hypertrophic scars are treatable. I think they use cortisone injections on some.

Hi I recently had Cryoprobe done on my face....one of the many things it does is it gets rid of abnormal color in the skin by freezing it. The lady said that one particularly scar on my face (which was raised and very red at the time and had been for years) was a keloid...the cryoprobe information I have read says it helps get rid of keloids but I must state my scar did not resemble the ones you have shown us here at all so I do not know if it would help or not..mine just looked like a large red pimple scar and was raised...the cryoprobe was applied and within minutes the scar became swollen (which is normal) and more red...or darker....in the next couple days it got darker, the swelling went down, a scab formed (reason it's darker) and a few days later with the application of witchhazel and neosporin the scab fell off....I can still see the mark on my face but it is no longer raised! It is flush with my skin....it is also not as red, it is more of a pink color and is easily hidden with make up (which was not the case before) I had this procedure done a week ago today and it was significant improvement...it takes 3 weeks to heal fully so I do not know the final outcome yet, they also said I would probably need 2 more treatments for optimal results...again I must say it did not resemble yours BUT ALL of the information on Cryoprobe says it works on keloids so please do a search on the internet and see what you think...it is used for MANY things so you will have to sift through it but if it works it's worth it right. I hope this helps in some way. HTH

good point....I was thinking of the guy's scars from this site (which seem rather severe :D ) If you have smaller keloids like from acne scars etc then maybe the cryoprobe Would work well for you....it has defintely helped me (scar is now flush with my skin and not raised) but I won't know the full extent for 2 more treatments..good luck!