Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 3 weeks into my accutane course and free of any significant pimples.

My skin tone and texture doesn't look good however. Redmarks from spots I had years ago seem to be surfacing, and my skin almost looks slightly sunburnt on my forehead, yet the rest of my face is fine...

Also, my blackheads are getting real bad because I've stopped using BP and differin now I'm on accutane, how long does it usually take for blackheads to go away?

Any experiences and help welcome.

My skin tone and texture doesn't look good however. Redmarks from spots I had years ago seem to be surfacing, and my skin almost looks slightly sunburnt on my forehead, yet the rest of my face is fine...

Also, my blackheads are getting real bad because I've stopped using BP and differin now I'm on accutane, how long does it usually take for blackheads to go away?

Your skin is gonna get really pale, especially if youre fair skinned to begin with. This will cause red marks to be more visible.

I reccommend using St. Ives scrub ONLY on your nose, because it is really irritating to skin. Exfoliating all that crap off helped me a lot, and I barely have any blackheads now. Accutane really does get rid of them.

I've had good success so far during my treatment, my only concern is that the first month, the oil on my face completely disappeared (which is great). I'm in month 2 and it seems like it's coming back, but no new acne yet. Is this common?

That sort of happened to me.

My skin got bone dry and chapped the first month, and even "pale" like this guys says, but then it sort of normalized in month 2. It didn't get "oily," that's for damn sure. But it stopped being so parched and sorta flakey. That's also when your skin will start to look amazing. The tone and texture and the minimized pores.

Good luck,

Paul

Your skin is gonna get really pale, especially if youre fair skinned to begin with. This will cause red marks to be more visible.

I reccommend using St. Ives scrub ONLY on your nose, because it is really irritating to skin. Exfoliating all that crap off helped me a lot, and I barely have any blackheads now. Accutane really does get rid of them.

I've had good success so far during my treatment, my only concern is that the first month, the oil on my face completely disappeared (which is great). I'm in month 2 and it seems like it's coming back, but no new acne yet. Is this common?