Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misterperson109

using the regimen only at night

i've been using the regimen nightly only (except for occasional weekend mornings) because of the horrible smell of the dried BP gel (acne.org brand). myself and my fellow classmates who are around me constantly would liken it to something such as a "sour milk" smell. however at night, i'll wash my face with the cetaphil bar and put on an ample amount of BP gel, rubbing it in gently and completely before going to bed. results have been mixed, but i'm still having occasional breakouts on my problem area (skin on either side of the nose). lately i've been spot treating with BP gel in the morning after washing my face in the shower with the cetaphil bar. is there any way to get rid of the smell or adjust the regimen so i can apply it after i'm back from school or whatever? :wall::wall:

Guest Tinky

I haven't heard many mention that it smelled funny.....maybe get a

tube of different bp (neutrogena on the spot doesn't smell) for the day

and use Dan's at night till it's gone. Is your Cetaphil bar the

antibacterial one? It has a strong smell...maybe it's that mixed with the

bp that smells funny?

I haven't heard many mention that it smelled funny.....maybe get a

tube of different bp (neutrogena on the spot doesn't smell) for the day

and use Dan's at night till it's gone. Is your Cetaphil bar the

antibacterial one? It has a strong smell...maybe it's that mixed with the

bp that smells funny?

Hey,

I am also using the BP nightly only and have been doing so for the last 2 1/2 months. I am only using it nightly because it has bleached a few of my shirts when i used it 2x a day. I don't find any odd odors with the 2.5% BP gel, but I think it does bleach clothes rather quickly (especially light blue...so beware).

I apply the BP gel on my face around 7 PM, and I have really oily skin, so i don't use moisturizer (i know it goes against the regimen, but I have REALLY oily skin). before going to bed (around 1 PM) I would use oil facial absorbent paper (you can get them at drugstores) and then apply another thin coat on problem areas (or areas with new pimple formations...which still does occur but definitely not as severe as before.)

Today I started taking Tetracycline with the BP Gel, so I will see how that will work. Honestly Most of my acne is gone, but there is still an occasional pimple growth.

Yeah i get an odd smell off the bp gel to. And I have used 3 different moisturizers along with it and i still get that same smell so i know it is the bp gel. Its not a strong odour though so i can live with it.

i've been using the regimen nightly only (except for occasional weekend mornings) because of the horrible smell of the dried BP gel (acne.org brand). myself and my fellow classmates who are around me constantly would liken it to something such as a "sour milk" smell. however at night, i'll wash my face with the cetaphil bar and put on an ample amount of BP gel, rubbing it in gently and completely before going to bed. results have been mixed, but i'm still having occasional breakouts on my problem area (skin on either side of the nose). lately i've been spot treating with BP gel in the morning after washing my face in the shower with the cetaphil bar. is there any way to get rid of the smell or adjust the regimen so i can apply it after i'm back from school or whatever? :wall: :wall:

neutrogena on the spot bp has no smell at all....use that but twice, if u wnna b completely clear.......