Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robotic

MY review of face doctor

I am using the ZZ Ointment and that works a little better so far. We'll see in the long run. I just started using it 1 week ago.

G & J,

How do you incorporate ZZ ointment in your regime? Do you use it once, twice a day? with Facedoctor? THanks....I also have the ZZ ointment I haven't started using it yet.

After weeks of using this soap. My face still looks disgusting. So i eventually stopped using this and switched to Lush's Fresh Farmacy Soap and Carley's Soap. My face has been better using these than this one.

Yes, I know I was a total advocator of these soaps, but I have to say that these soaps are not going to cure acne. I can say that now after trying them out for long enough. That is, 3 months.

Recently, like I mentioned, I started the ZZ cream. I don't want to seem like one of those people who jumps products like crazy. I give each product a decent shot. So that being said, now I will be trying the ZZ cream for 3 months, which is supposed to be a much more powerful treatment for Demodex mites.

I still use the FD soaps to wash because frankly they are good for making my face a little less greasy. After washing with FD soaps, I put on ZZ cream and let it dry on. That is for night treatment. During the day, what I do next is I dip my hands in water and run them over my face to remove the white film that is left behind. That works pretty well, and I can feel the ZZ still on my face all day.

I will let everyone know how this works for me as time goes on.

I've been on facedoctor soap for 5 weeks now.

Huge initial breakouts in week 1-2

Mild improvement in week 3

Breakouts again in week 4

Improvement in week 5.

I don't get as many inflammatory cysts anymore. Instead, all I get nowadays is 1 or 2 small whiteheads a day.

I'm currently happy with the result, and hoping to see more improvements.

I think it is working because unlike any other "cleanser" products, the soap is just plain simple (aka "Just soap and water"). It does not have harmful chemicals the cosmetic companies secretely put for hidden aggravation and profit.

I think the soap works not because it kills demodex mites but it normalizes everything...other ppl without acne only use plain soap (and yet their skin is so clear!). I guess I'll try to adjust my skin to "normal" and see if my skin system gets back to normal immune level (ideas from "jan carlo").

I'll try facedoctor until it runs out (perhaps another 6-8 weeks) and report back every two weeks.

It does sound like BS but you know we all want to try different methods!!

If facedoctor doesn't work for you people I guess you can try the soaps from demodex solutions since their ingredients are different and the soap is more affordable!!

It worked well for the first 2 months (moderated to mild). It started going downhill at 2 months, and my skin is really bad now.

Just an update, I stopped using this a couple of months ago. I used it for about two months, and I thought I saw some initial improvement, but over the long term there was no significant difference.