Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok...i was in college today, in my psychology lesson and we are doing the topic of relationships, so we were just chatting about different relationships and we have to cover an area called "electronic" relationships, about people who have relationships thru the internet and some people in class were like that's weird and one girl goes "yeh, i bet ppl who make relationships thru the net are really ugly" and this other girl goes "yeh, they've all got acne" and the whole class went silent...and then they all just busrt out laughing and it felt like they were all staring at me...i just felt like shit. i cant believe she associated uglyness with acne....it was just a horrible feeling, i wanted to die...ruined the whole day for me...why do ppl have to be so rude and insensitive... :(

ok thats it

x

:( I'm sorry. I'm sure they weren't staring at you, but I know how you feel. (((hugs)))

Guest pokerbugg

f-ing whores! i cant stand people like that, grrrrrrr...i totally feel u....did u say anything back to them, like a response of some sort, just curious...

i HATE when people say shit like that. When i was in highschool my so-called friends used to make fun of my best friend who had horrible cystic acne. Personally she always looked beautiful to me, my parents would even comment on her condition but i never saw it! she was just my best friend thats all. Then one day one guy said "hey, call X over next time we need to do rennovations and we can sand the porch with her face" and they all laughed. I never trusted them again. It wasn't a comment about me, but the fact that people could even THINK like that made me ill. I have been terrified by what people think of appearances ever since.

Fucking high school. i've never lost that fear. that somehwere someone is talking trash about me and theres nothing i can do about it.

f-ing whores! i cant stand people like that, grrrrrrr...i totally feel u....did u say anything back to them, like a response of some sort, just curious...

no i didnt say anything, i just didnt have the guts to say anything, i just pretended i was staring at something outside...thankfully, my teacher moved on to the next subject.

Guest pokerbugg

u got to else they'll do it all the time...make dumb comments...and giggle all that annoying bullshit...

Damn that used (my active acne is almost clear) to annoy me so much when people said stuff like that in my classes. One time one of my friends said

'ugh Ive got a spot on my chin- its so ugly!'

Now this friend is quite fat, so I decided to have my say, and I was rather annoyed.

'I said- ugh im sooo fat! Fat is SO ugly!'

She just looked at me, and then said 'sorry.' So she had obviously MEANT to hurt my feelings!

i HATE when people say shit like that. When i was in highschool my so-called friends used to make fun of my best friend who had horrible cystic acne. Personally she always looked beautiful to me, my parents would even comment on her condition but i never saw it! she was just my best friend thats all. Then one day one guy said "hey, call X over next time we need to do rennovations and we can sand the porch with her face" and they all laughed. I never trusted them again. It wasn't a comment about me, but the fact that people could even THINK like that made me ill. I have been terrified by what people think of appearances ever since.

Fucking high school. i've never lost that fear. that somehwere someone is talking trash about me and theres nothing i can do about it.

Mad props! I feel the same way about high school, although noone made any direct comments to my face I know people said cruel things. I respect you for breaking ties with people who think like that, and standing up for your friend. Luckily i had a good group of friends throughout highschool who never judged me not one bit and i still speak to them today. But even to this day, im still learning to be cautious of who you can trust. Recently, i had some stuff stolen from people that come over to my apt. Ok im going off topic but you get the idea!

Trusting people IS hard! for the longest time i wasn't able to tell anyone how self concious i was about my skin but i can talk about it now and that is worth TONS.

friends are the family you choose.

Guest Mr K

Eh - i know too many dumb bitches like that!!!!

Dont let it phase you broken inside your better than that

Damn that used (my active acne is almost clear) to annoy me so much when people said stuff like that in my classes. One time one of my friends said

'ugh Ive got a spot on my chin- its so ugly!'

Now this friend is quite fat, so I decided to have my say, and I was rather annoyed.

'I said- ugh im sooo fat! Fat is SO ugly!'

She just looked at me, and then said 'sorry.' So she had obviously MEANT to hurt my feelings!

:lol2:

people get what they give, most of the times

Ok...i was in college today, in my psychology lesson and we are doing the topic of relationships, so we were just chatting about different relationships and we have to cover an area called "electronic" relationships, about people who have relationships thru the internet and some people in class were like that's weird and one girl goes "yeh, i bet ppl who make relationships thru the net are really ugly" and this other girl goes "yeh, they've all got acne" and the whole class went silent...and then they all just busrt out laughing and it felt like they were all staring at me...i just felt like shit. i cant believe she associated uglyness with acne....it was just a horrible feeling, i wanted to die...ruined the whole day for me...why do ppl have to be so rude and insensitive... :(

ok thats it

x

Ugh... :mad: People suck. No, of course not all people. But many people I have personally come across have been nothing but stuck up, heartless, and cruel. Last year in gym class, I heard this girl say to her friend "That boy is hot!" I saw she was pointing to this guy who had really really mild acne. Maybe like 5 little spots tops. And her stupid friend said "Eww, no way, he's got zits!" I wanted to beat the crap out of her :evil:. If only I wasn't so damn shy lol

I can understand how that would have made you feel... :(

Some people are insensitive, and others I think are truly oblivious. I really think in some cases they blurt something out, sometimes realizing after what they said, and sometimes not at all, not realizing one bit that what they said could be hurtful to someone who happens to fall into the category being described.

I would have pretended to be looking at something too and trying to appear like I hadn't heard it due to lack of attention, but I would have felt so embarassed...

Sorry to hear about that.

Guest Freak_Turbulence

ok thats it

x

Can I ask what class it was??

^^psychology class...if thats what u were asking about.

thanks everyone for replying, i believe in karma aswell, so hopefully it'll hit her back.

x x