Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest pokerbugg

not at all...when i was a teen i did , i used to be so embarassed(heck i was embarassed to buy feminine pads when i was teen) now i just dont care...nobody better say anything to me while im there, i'll bitch em' out ...i hate rude people

Oh I hate it as well. I went to the local supermarket recently to buy my facewash and felt embarrased about it. I'm gonna order it online from now on

Yeah it really sucks having to buy acne products, I mean we shouldn't feel embarrassed but I can't help it. A couple of weeks ago I went into Wal-Greens to buy some blackhead nose strips that didn't work at all and I bought some Scar Zone and of course the cashier was this really cute girl and I don’t know if she was checking out my face but she definitely gave me a weird look and my acne was only mild looking that day but still it made me feel really awkward.

Yeah I definitly have a phobia, Im a real timid and passive person, which makes occasions like going to the register with face wash dreadful. In fact i have to go to the store today to buy some!!! :cry: I always think about "what if the guy/girl at the register mentions something?". OH MY GOD I just remembered this happened to me once before at where i work!!! I was buying BP or something and the chick was like MY FRIEND TRIED PRO-ACTIVE YOU SHOULD TOO!. Fucking A i hate these forums. brings up bad memories.

Guest mishmosh

thankfully British people are more reserved! that is so damn rude and ignorant.

Guest « Clara »

It's no one's business what I'm doing with my life so why should I care? Unless I'm a model for Vogue magazine. :rolleyes:

you know what I do? I always look at the cashier first and see if she/he has good skin or not... depends, because I get intimidated and I'm really a shy person. If they're pretty i'll either wait or go to another store.

:wall:

i should stop caring about what other people think.

The other day, I was returning my Proactiv kit. I had to wait for the salesperson 'cause she was with another customer. So I was just standing there infront of the little Proactiv cart. I was a little paranoid. But afterwards when I got my money back I was happy and I went shopping =)

Guest Freak_Turbulence

Im sure I speak for a lot of people here. When you go to the drug store to buy OTC products, does it feel like you're bein stared at / judged?

It felt like this when I went the first few times (I think), but as I cleared up it became less and less of an issue. I was more worried about mundane things too, like what the cashier would think.

I don't get embarassed, because I even see clear faced people buying acne products. I DO hate it when people feel the need to suggest products to you though. I had a friend that suggested Proactiv to me too. Keep in mind that this chick is completely clear and was telling how it worked wonders on her. I kept thinking, "you have never had acne for as long as I have known you". It's like sometimes, the clear-faced people thinking they are bonding with you by mentioning the only acne products they had heard of.

Buying at the Proactiv stand in the past was extremely embarrasing (all those people walking by, looking at me...). :( I don't use it now, mind you. Those perfect faced girls at the stand used to real me in bigtime though.

A month ago, I had to emcee at a friends b-day bash, and I had a big breakout. That was pretty much one of the most embarrasing situations acne's got me into. Oh well, friends are priceless. :cool:

I get my proactiv kits online. but I stopped ordering coz I felt like the product is burning my skin. then... I realized maybe because I was using it too much and it started to irritate my skin.

I still have 5 kits left. I didn't use it for a long time, and the kits just keep piling up coz I didn't cancel my account right away. Waste of money huh? Oh well, it's my brothers money anyway :D . I still use it though, every once in awhile

I don't mind if people see me buying acne products...to me it sort of breaks the stereotype that "people have acne because they don't take care of their skin".... I think it shows "clear-skined" people that it has nothing to do with being lazy... that we are trying...and it is a REAL problem for some people... If people judge you...then they need to get a life... but I do agree with how mad some people get when clear skined people think they know what products work.... they have no CLUE... they should keep their mouths shut...

Guest charyan

Ha ha, i always feel like a tit when i go to the pharmacy, and the people that work there are cocks aswell, they just talk to one another and laugh and then i go there "Hello i'd like some Benzoyl Peroxide/Freederm/Clearsil"

The trick i have found is either to

Order it online

Steal it from the store (Your on your own explaining why you stole it if you get caught)

Or my personal favourite, buy something that is more embarrasing so you feel ok E.G Pregnancy Tests, Condoms (Ask if they have extra small if you really want to divert attention)

Sure it will cost you more, but if your that embarrassed you wont miss it that much

Guest james11

You could even do that diversion thing and then return the condoms/preg test later!

Guest charyan

yeah thats always a good way, get mumsy to buy it

heres an interesting question, have you ever left a BP or other acne gel lying around and your friend asks what it is? and if yes, do you tell them "its for my spots" or do you lie and say its for something else.

heres an interesting question, have you ever left a BP or other acne gel lying around and your friend asks what it is? and if yes, do you tell them "its for my spots" or do you lie and say its for something else.

I hate it when people look at my purse and check everything out from concealer to compact powder, and asked "what's this for?". C'mon it's like common sense. Even if u don't have acne you'll know what it is for. It's so embarassing, but I tell them anyways.

Guest « Clara »

I hate it when people look at my purse and check everything out from concealer to compact powder, and asked "what's this for?". C'mon it's like common sense. Even if u don't have acne you'll know what it is for. It's so embarassing, but I tell them anyways.

I'm like, you know what it is asshole.. *walks away with long steps* :razz: