Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Freak_Turbulence

The Regimen without the specific products?

Guest Freak_Turbulence

Does anyone else do "the regimen" without the recommended products? For BP gel I use PanOxyl, for moisturizer I use Lubriderm, and for a "cleanser" I just use an anti-bacterial soap. I was wondering if anyone else is doing this? I am clear by the way, the regimen took about 5 or 6 weeks, I've been clear since early september...but I wanted to know if anyone else had success using the non-promoted products?

At the end of the day, it's the diligent and daily application of Benzoyl Peroxide to acne prone areas which is the engine here.

Benzoyl Peroxide is effective no matter how you use it, -once p/day, twice, with moisturiser/without, with BHA/without etc...

What is not accounted for here, but becomes blatantly obvious in the real world, (i.e. not a message board populated predominantly by niave and penitent adolescents trading spoof acne cures) is that Benzoyl Peroxide doesn't need to be used as outlined in the ''''the regimen'''' to be effective.

At the end of the day, it's the diligent and daily application of Benzoyl Peroxide to acne prone areas which is the engine here.

Benzoyl Peroxide is effective no matter how you use it, -once p/day, twice, with moisturiser/without, with BHA/without etc...

What is not accounted for here, but becomes blatantly obvious in the real world, (i.e. not a message board populated predominantly by niave and penitent adolescents trading spoof acne cures) is that Benzoyl Peroxide doesn't need to be used as outlined in the ''''the regimen'''' to be effective.

Cleansing alone twice daily definitely helps, but it's not enough for 99.9% clearing!

If I try to cleanse twice daily without BP, I break out within 3 days, not as bad as not cleansing at all though.

I have been able to cut back BP amount to 1/3 of finger fo entire lower face.

For me it's stress related so when I'm stressed the odd whitehead appears and I need to ramp up to about 1/2 a finger for a day or 2.

I can also now tell by how oily my skin gets, which seems to correlate with stress.

Does anyone else do "the regimen" without the recommended products? For BP gel I use PanOxyl, for moisturizer I use Lubriderm, and for a "cleanser" I just use an anti-bacterial soap. I was wondering if anyone else is doing this? I am clear by the way, the regimen took about 5 or 6 weeks, I've been clear since early september...but I wanted to know if anyone else had success using the non-promoted products?

Yea different products work for different people. I guess the products are recommended on this site because they work for majority of the people who tried it but that doesnt mean there arent products out there that will work better for you. Its a matter of trial and error but the question is whether you want to take that risk or not? After sticking to the recommended products for about 2 months or so..i switched the items i wasnt comfortable with..like the moisturiser and stuff..and still had good results. :)

The regimen is about the steps, not about the products. You can use any 2.5% non-alcohol based bp, any gentle cleanser that contains no active ingredients, and any facial, oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer, although one with lactic acid or a low percentage of glycolic acid will keep your skin from becoming flaky.

Guest Tinky

What really helped improve my acne was the AMOUNT of BP, % of BP, and using it preventively...both of

these I learned from this site (THANKS!!! :dance: )

Is it the regimen that clears people, or is it BP generally????

On this forum the answer is likely to be overwhelming in favour of the regimen, but in the real world, most BP users haven't even heard of the CSR...

Is it the regimen that clears people, or is it BP generally????

On this forum the answer is likely to be overwhelming in favour of the regimen, but in the real world, most BP users haven't even heard of the CSR...

3 month studies show it is BP. Soap, water rinse, BP leads to on average 66% clearing!

However acnedotaly Dan's regimen seems to bump that up to over 66%!