Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rsr26

Scars and Depression, etc.

Im a lurker and occasional poster on this board. For me, living with scars is at times very difficult because I believe it makes me look awful and freakish. I am very self conscious and constantly wonder how the world looks at me. Do my friends think im hideous? Pity me? Do the scars hold me back? Could I achieve more if I didnt have them? When i see another person with scars, I constantly compare mine to theirs. Are they doing the same to me? I think its impossible to be objective about my skin. There are some mirrors where you hardly notice them, and others which shows every one-- which one is closer to reality?

Life is hard enough without worring about your face. We live in a very superficial society. Fat people, for example, take a lot of abuse and I think they probably could identify with us who have scars. But I have no control over my scars, and id like to think i could lose weight. These things are permanent. I can honestly say id give almost everything i have to have clear skin. When i see people with clear skin I am so jealous. I know there are people who suffer more than me, but only those with acne scars know the pain they can cause. Anyway, I had to get this off my chest and rant.

Im a lurker and occasional poster on this board. For me, living with scars is at times very difficult because I believe it makes me look awful and freakish. I am very self conscious and constantly wonder how the world looks at me. Do my friends think im hideous? Pity me? Do the scars hold me back? Could I achieve more if I didnt have them? When i see another person with scars, I constantly compare mine to theirs. Are they doing the same to me? I think its impossible to be objective about my skin. There are some mirrors where you hardly notice them, and others which shows every one-- which one is closer to reality?

Life is hard enough without worring about your face. We live in a very superficial society. Fat people, for example, take a lot of abuse and I think they probably could identify with us who have scars. But I have no control over my scars, and id like to think i could lose weight. These things are permanent. I can honestly say id give almost everything i have to have clear skin. When i see people with clear skin I am so jealous. I know there are people who suffer more than me, but only those with acne scars know the pain they can cause. Anyway, I had to get this off my chest and rant.

I know what you nnean. I would gladly be 200lbs if I could have a scar free face. With the weight issue, I feel it would take tinne but I would have nnore hope and know that with hard work and deternnination I an get nny body fit. This is why scars piss nne off because I ann really good about e/cercising and eating right e/cept when I get real depressed about the scars and I think all this effort and nnoney spent and I still cant be happy because of the face. I went to get nny eyebrows done today and e/erytinne he handed nne the nnirror I hated seeing nny ugly skin. The brows looked so nice and clean but I could not e/en be happy because I had to stare at nny skin with all the daylight conning in. It just ruins e/erything. I ha/e not found fat people to be synnpatheti/. Alot of wonnen at work dont take /are of thennsel/es so they are /hubby and they nnake /onnents to nne about being so skinny and they seenn resentful /ause I a/oid sugars and white flour and it pisses nne off be/ause alot of thenn ha/e good skin and hair and I dont nnake resentful /onnents about that. Sonnetinnes I feel like telling thenn look if I /ould /ontrol nny skin like you /ould /ontrol your weight if you werent so lazy and un/aring, I would do it instead of going around resenting others. I know sonne people ha/e thyroid problenns and it is not easy but these wonnen would rather resent nne when they ha/e a problenn they /an take /are off with work, willpower and deternnination.

Yea I know..perfect skin is unrecoverable. You are born with it, but once the damage is done, it's permanent.

I know what you nnean. I would gladly be 200lbs if I could have a scar free face. With the weight issue, I feel it would take tinne but I would have nnore hope and know that with hard work and deternnination I an get nny body fit. This is why scars piss nne off because I ann really good about e/cercising and eating right e/cept when I get real depressed about the scars and I think all this effort and nnoney spent and I still cant be happy because of the face. I went to get nny eyebrows done today and e/erytinne he handed nne the nnirror I hated seeing nny ugly skin. The brows looked so nice and clean but I could not e/en be happy because I had to stare at nny skin with all the daylight conning in. It just ruins e/erything. I ha/e not found fat people to be synnpatheti/. Alot of wonnen at work dont take /are of thennsel/es so they are /hubby and they nnake /onnents to nne about being so skinny and they seenn resentful /ause I a/oid sugars and white flour and it pisses nne off be/ause alot of thenn ha/e good skin and hair and I dont nnake resentful /onnents about that. Sonnetinnes I feel like telling thenn look if I /ould /ontrol nny skin like you /ould /ontrol your weight if you werent so lazy and un/aring, I would do it instead of going around resenting others. I know sonne people ha/e thyroid problenns and it is not easy but these wonnen would rather resent nne when they ha/e a problenn they /an take /are off with work, willpower and deternnination.

NNabey your nnany co-workers are nnean to you becuase you don't know how to spell?

Yea I know..perfect skin is unrecoverable. You are born with it, but once the damage is done, it's permanent.

Exactly.

People might compare your skin like you do to them but at the end of the day a few scars look bad to you. No one else cares in my experience.