Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have no idea where to post this...but I think it's very important for me to tell what has been going on with my skin lately. For years I've used "acne fighting" products on my skin...BP...SA...masks...toners...anything and everything you can think of...with no luck. One day I was just reading through some posts on this site and found a number of posts about "giving up on products" and "just water, nothing else"...and noticed that these people were having results...which goes against everything we are taught about fighting acne. Well, I thought...I'm just going to start cutting back on the number of products I use...see if this really does make a difference. Every day I started using less and less BP on my skin...and started using more and more lotions...morning and night. All that I can say is that it is working so good...my face hasn't been this clear since early high school... I think there should be a revolution when it comes to fighting acne...things need to change...because I now know that I was doing EVERYTHING wrong....everything. I'll list the products I'm using at the moment...maybe this post will help someone...but I should probably say that I'm on birthcontrol too...but I had been using it for months with no change in my skin....after cutting back on the products...that's when I started seeing a difference....good luck everyone!

Products: Morning- Aveeno Ultra-calming foaming cleanser and VERY small amount of Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser (10% BP) and Aveeno Ultra-calming Daily Moisturizer

Night- Clean and Clear Makeup Remover and Aveeno Ultra-calming Moisturizing Cream

bloody heck thats a lot of stuff you are using!

it aint natural for your skin to have so different goopy stuff on it, no wonder you are finding results bu cutting down?

Guest tenshigirl25

how is cleanser then moisturiser a lot of stuff? the only other thing she is doing is a small amount of BP wash. better then the regimen where u use a cleanser, smother peroxide into your face everyday followed by moisturiser. I agree, just a cleanser..and a moisturiser and not to run your face too long under water.

Guest james11

Ballaballa, how is your experiment with tha washing thing going? I'd like an update! :D

I'm going to stop using BP...probably in a week...I don't think that's a lot of products...I mean, I don't use any type of 3-step system...like proactiv or murad...I just thought it was strange that as soon as I stopped using products jam packed with BP and SA....and without harsh "acne fighting" chemicals....my skin started to get better....maybe I should just keep these things to myself...I just thought it might help someone...not make the same mistakes that I did...

Guest james11

I'm going to stop using BP...probably in a week...I don't think that's a lot of products...I mean, I don't use any type of 3-step system...like proactiv or murad...I just thought it was strange that as soon as I stopped using products jam packed with BP and SA....and without harsh "acne fighting" chemicals....my skin started to get better....maybe I should just keep these things to myself...I just thought it might help someone...not make the same mistakes that I did...

I completely agree with what you're saying. Harch products, alot of the time, do more harm than good. I don't use any BP. I use a SA 2% wash by DDF about 1-2 times a week and the rest is Cetaphil, DDF sunscreen with oil free moist in it and some C-Boost/Colostrum Gel of a night. No harsh chemicals to dry out my face.