Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
em

help!!! tetracycline and nausea, how long does it last???

I have been on tetracyclin for a little over a week, and the last two days I have been soooo nauseated. Has anyone had the same problem. I am desperate to clear up my skin and don't want to stop, but how long does it last????

Help me!!!

em

well i was on minocylcline which is similar and it made me feel sick, dizzy, and it made me constipated for a bit, then i had to take a crap 3 times one day. so it wasnt for me. maybe i need more of a mild antibiotic. But stick with it but if it becomes too much of a problem, tell your doctor and see what he/she thinks.

I take doxycycline, and at first I had to go to the bathroom several times a day! And I would also feel slightly nauseated. Now, I don't get like that anymore. I stopped getting those symptoms after about three weeks. But, I still get the occasional headache now and again.

When i was on tetracycline i used to feel sick all of a sudden and want to throw up or atleast pass out. Happened only twice but i still remember how sick i felt. I was walking down the city main street and i felt like dropping so i had to sit down for 10 mins. I was all sweaty and hot. Another time i was on a bus and i felt like collapsing and vomiting. I was so sick i couldn't get up to get off at the bus stop, so i got off 5 mins after my stop then did a big walk. It might have something to do with lack of food in your body, because on both occasions i hadn't eaten for a while.

Hi, your supposed to take Tetracycline with food which if you haven't will cause your nausea. I've been on tetracycline and had the same problems until i discovered that if i ate something the minute i felt nausea, it would dissapear. :)

My prescription of Tetracycline said to take 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating. Ive been taking it for about 3 months now and I havent had anything happen to me yet besides improvements. All I need is something to take away the redness.

whoops sorry. i got confused with minocycline. ](*,) But tetracycline did make me nausated and eating a cookie or something small made me feel better immediately.