Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hellloooo. Captain Jimbob here. I am a 19 yo male who loves to go clubbing but has acne. Therefore, the makeup.

A little bit on my history...I used various drug store available foundations and concealers over a 3 month period. This was only one or two nights a week, but unfortunately it clogged my pores like mad, even though some of the makeups were "oil free" or "okay for sensitive skin".

I found dermablend online after googling "acne friendly makeup".

I've been using Dermablend Acne Results foundation, setting powder, and makeup remover for the past month (only once or twice per week) now with amazing results. It doesn't clog the pores, it covers up friggin great, I don't get any new breakouts the next day, AND it even has 0.5% sacylic acid in it.

http://www.dermablend.com/productDetails.aspx?prodID=100020

Anyone else out there try this stuff?

I actually ordered a lil sample set of the Dermablend Quickfix because although I love my mineral makeup, my reaaaally dark post acne marks slowly show through as the day progresses, so Im on a search of a really good concealer.

I havent received the samples yet. I shall post again when I finally get them in the mail.

Guest pokerbugg

ive always wondered...when guys go to the pharmacy or whereever u buy ur makeup...does anyone look at u funny cuz ur looking at makeup and actually pick one up?...i dunno to me its so weird to hear guys talk about their make-up lol

Hey jimbob- you said you really like this Dermablend Acne Results foundation and I was just wondering how natural it looks on you (like is it immediately obvious you are wearing makeup?) and how well it stays on. Thanks

Hi people.

Where I live I can't get the Dermablend stuff at stores, I had to buy it online, so it saves any potential awkwardness at a pharmacy. Honestly though, I used to go in and buy your normal cover girl stuff and the cosmetic ladies would help me and it wasn't weird at all.

I'll get some before and after pictures up tomorrow, I just had a party the other night and I was wearing the Acne Results Foundation. In full lighting at the beggining of the party when everyone was sober, I bet some of the girls might be able to notice that I had some on. Its pretty difficult though, and its a whole shit ton better than walking around with red splotches all over the place.

Now, when I am wearing makeup out to bars and clubs and stuff where it is not 110% bright lighting, its next to impossible to tell. You just have to learn how to apply it properly (not too thick, evenly, set with powder). Common areas to miss are the eyelids, jawline, sometimes neck, etc.

I'm about 20 days into my accutane treatment and its really starting to work now. The only thing I am concerned with is the time frame for the redness to go away, but that can be expedited by some things (check out the diet section on here, plus things like the liver flush) I'll probably stop wearing it soon, but thank god I've had it over the past little while, it let me be confident enough to go out when the skin wasn't looking too hot.

Edited by captainjimbo

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

ive always wondered...when guys go to the pharmacy or whereever u buy ur makeup...does anyone look at u funny cuz ur looking at makeup and actually pick one up?...i dunno to me its so weird to hear guys talk about their make-up lol

Nope. I could give to shits about what people think. I like makeup and thats that. Although since im clearing up alot lately I havent had the need to use it much anymore.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I used it years ago and didn't like it. It was just too heavy for me.

Guest Poker-Butt

i wanna see pics of guys wearing make-up!!!! ive never seen this ever...im very interested

i wanna see pics of guys wearing make-up!!!! ive never seen this ever...im very interested

Most guys just use concealer, we don't use blush, eye shadow, eye liner or anything of that nature. You make it sound like its some big deal.

I'm going to have to get me some of this stuff haha. Thanks for the suggestion, I need some concealer. :)

I just received Dermablend concealer samples. And I all I have to say is..

...meeeeeeehhhhh. :confused:

Really? Whats wrong with them?

mmmkay........

Before dermablend:

IPB Image

IPB Image

With dermablend natural foundation and loose setting powder (warning - i am drunk):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sorry, the shots aren't the best, or closeups, but I wasn't taking them. Also, I was sweating like a pig from dancing and doing crazy stuff so some may have worn off/smudged.

(I know I shouldn't drink excessively on accutane, but this is one exception I had to make to the rule, I was a frosh week leader at my school and this party was in celebration of my position.)

Edited by captainjimbo

It doesnt irrate you at all?????!! Like breakout? It covers so well.

No man, zippo. Once I had two whiteheads come up after a night wearing it, but I think that probably had more to do with how many jagerbombs I had the night before (I wasn't on accutane at that point).

I think its the combo of not having any comeodomic ingredients and the sacylic acid, I can't believe no one else had thought of that before.

I should also note, that those before pictures, were about 3 days before the party, I didnt have any active outbreaks when I applied the makeup. Just some outbreaks that were receding and very red.

If you put this stuff on and you have a few massive outbreaks in glaring spots, people are still definitely gonna notice them, its just the color it takes care of, not the contours.

Edited by captainjimbo

Guest Poker-Butt

very nice!!! wow...u cant even tell....it matches ur skin so perfectly....cuz usually if it doesnt match ur skin, it shows in pics...as a whiter face or darker face....not the case here ...im impressed :clap:

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

That does look awesome. The only thing for me is Dermablend covers super good, however it always makes my pores look huge. My pores are naturally pretty big. CoverFX does a great job at cealing them up. Dermablend covers better but makes them look more noticable. On you though it looks perfect. Thats awesome you found such a good match. What color of Dermablend do you use? Do you use 2 different shades?

I'm pretty lucky I found a shade that matches well. In reality (vs. photos) it is slightly off, it could be better, dermablend just doesn't offer that many shades, blending is a solid idea I should try.

Guys either don't notice, or are like, "dude, your face looks so much better, wtf did you do"

Depending on the lighting and how much has rubbed or sweat off, some girls have looked at my face and sort of done the double take, like, hmmmm, something is not 100% right here, and can probably tell I'm wearing something, only happens sometimes though. Again, i'd rather have a few girls notice makeup than walk around looking like captain acne.

I've been using the "Natural" shade. The perfect shade for me would be just a slight bit lighter. The next step down from natural is "ivory" which is way too white for my skin. I might try mixing a little of that in though.

I'd like to try some of the Coverfx products, like their powder for daytime regular stuff where I can't get all done up with foundation.

I apply it with my fingertips. I find I can blend and spread the foundation the best that way vs. sponges.

I can't comment on the day in, day out wearability of the product , I find it dries my skin out when I wear it for 6 or 7 hours during an outing...that might have to do with the partying though.

Guest blackheadben

not really

WOW jimbo you look great!!!