Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deflac

BP: 2.5 % vs. 10%

Instead of spending so much money on so much 2.5% BP cream, why not just buy fewer tubes of a higher-percentage cream--10%, say. You'd be getting the same amount of acne-fighting power with much less cream.

Or is there something wrong with this theory?

Most people will tell you that no matter what you do 10% BP doesn't work in Dan's instructions it clearly says use 2.5% instead of 10%. I think that 10% works (at least for me) so if it works for you go ahead. Your the only one that matters when it comes down to it

Re: the FAQ: Ah, I see.

But my face tends to be pretty greasy. Would 10% BP be successful in stopping the grease enough to actually over-dry my skin, do you think?

There is no reason to use anything more than 2.5%. 5% or 10% do not work better, will over dry, and will not prevent oil, etc.

10% will dry your skin more and cause more scaling and irritation, but this does not translate into clear skin. For clear skin, you want your skin balanced which is what 2.5% can accomplish.

As always, do the regimen as outlined until you're clear. If you then want to try 10% bp, you can. If you break out, you'll know it's the 10% at fault.

-Dan