Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acneisenemy

HELP-Flax Oil...

I wanted to start taking flaxseed oil.. I found some organic flax oil.. but on the side of the bottle it says not intended for people under the age of 18.. I'm only 15!.. I tried looking up warnings of flaxseed oil.. and didn't really find anything.. is it dangerous for me to take flaxseed oil because I am under the age of 18? :think:

Guest Tinky

I haven't heard of that :think:

I have only heard if you are on a salicilate (I think) free diet that you shouldn't take flaxseed oil.

Maybe it has something to do with hormones?

I'm worried that it has something to do with hormones too :( But I don't want to not take it.. cause I have heard how it works for a lot of people.. but I'm also scared.. I don't want to mess up my body

since flax seed oil is based on... flax seed. I don't really see how it would be bad to eat. I mean.. you get omega 3 anyways, why does it matter if you get it from flax seed or fish ?

Email the company and ask them why they put that on the bottle!

Heres a site I found,I dont know how reliable it is...

http://www.raysahelian.com/flaxseed.html

Also...

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/html/ds/ds/Flaxseed.php

Theres not a lot of info there but something is better than nothing.HTH

Thanks but the second link doesn't work..

..but yeah.. I think the reason they put that on the bottle was because of the hormone thing.. Does anyone know how serious the side effects of taking it might be if it really does mess with hormones? I shall call their company tomorrow and ask.. but I really think the person working there wont know :(

I read in a few places that it affects the hormone of estrogen.. but I could be wrong.. I guess I'll continue taking and I'll just call them tomorrow..

and it didn't work for ya? Did ya take it in full on oil form or pill form? I heard oil works best for acne..

I called the number they had on the bottle.. apparantly it's just because they haven't tested it on people under 18.. that's why it says that.. apparantly it says that on all dietary supplements? ..yeah so I'm happy.. that means I can keep taking it :D

haha I hope I see results too ;) If not.. tis ok.. cause I heard flaxseed oil is amazing for your health anyway.. so if it doesn't help my skin.. maybe it will help something else?

Guest pokerbugg

i just bought a big ol' bottle of flax oil....how do u take it? like, by itself?

and does it really mess with ur hormones? ii hope not, else im not taking that shit... ive figured that when i mess with my hormones my skin breaks out :(

Hows your skin looking?

me? Well if you were talking to me.. I'd say my skin is doing better.. but only slightly better.. like my overall skin tone looks less irritated and the spots are just SLIGHTLY lighter.. the texture feels better too.. but nothing to rave about.. unfortunately :| but yeah.. I still would reccommend it.. just because flaxseed oil is good for the rest of your body too..