Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jrob

I Know You Guys Hate ProActiv Questions, but I NEED HELP

I'm new to this board and I've seen a lot of mixed feelings about proactiv. I'm 26 and have recently developed some reoccurring acne on my chin, above my lip, and on my forehead. After about 6 months, I got tired of spot-treating the zits and sprung for ProActiv. I've been on it now for 3 weeks. The first week, I thought it was a miracle worker. But then last week, I started getting some dark spots on my cheek. This week, I've developed some red spots on my cheek. At first, I thought they were acne, but they never form a head, and do not seem to go away. The rest of my face seems to be clearing up. I'm really not sure what to do. Proactiv says that it can take 6-8 weeks to work, and an initial breakout is not uncommon. Has anyone else had a similar experience. HOw long b/f I scrap it and try something else. Please, I need some help.

speaking from past experiences with products, i wouldn't make your judgement until at least 4 weeks. i normally do not see any changes (or it may even get worse) for the first 2 weeks or so then by about the 3rd or 4th week i start noticing differences. i have never tried proactiv though. i'm just speaking in general. give it a little more time i'd say.