Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
english_lad

Clearing of Blackheads?

Right, since i first joined up nearly a year ago i've had good results of the regimen. I get hardly if not no spots atall, except the little blackheads. These little things are the hardest things to shift, ive tried various cleansers and moisturisers, tried steamin and masks too.

Ive been reading round the 'net and come across bentonite clay, does it actually work? all i need is something to clear of my blackheads :wall: also, i do get very oily skin around my forefead and i do have very short gelled hair.

please, help me

I'd be very interested in a successful solution to this. Touch wood my regime seems to be working so far getting rid of my spots :clap::D but it's made very little difference to my black heads and blocked pores. They always seem to occur in the same places. I can squeeze really hard at the black heads and or blocked pores and some of the gunk comes out but they always return a few days later. I've read that it's important not to get rid of the blackheads or blocked pores in this manner so I have stopped. I think a lot of people seem to be suggesting that the best thing to do is wait until you are completely clear of spots through the regime and then do the exfoliation thingy but I've not read a clear plan on how to do this like with Dan's regime. I'm also using Pears soap and it hasn't made any real difference to my black heads. I am however only 4 weeks into the regime and have only been using Pears for 3 of them.

I use to have black heads on my nose and in the first two weeks of roaccutane they dissapeared, its wicked. My nose is lovely and smooth now. Still get spots but blackheads no more, first improvement Ive seen. So theres an option for you, lol.

I use to have black heads on my nose and in the first two weeks of roaccutane they dissapeared, its wicked. My nose is lovely and smooth now. Still get spots but blackheads no more, first improvement Ive seen. So theres an option for you, lol.

I've was on roaccutane many years ago and it worked wonders but I'd really rather not go down that path again! I don't think my Doc would refer me to a derm anyway for accutane as they would say that the acne isn't bad enough. :think:

i find the best way is to really dampen your face well with warm water for a good few minutes to open the pores..then cleanse with whatever you use...

then i use the jessfoliation technique of using an oral b toothbrush, making sure its damp too...if you gently scrub with it, you can see the top skin layer starting to come off (obviously because of the bp) and most of the plugs that cause the blackheads with it!

you have to make sure to be gentle enough so not as to damage or irritate your skin...and bear in mind this will make your face slightly red for a while, as youre rubbing off the top skin layer!

this also means though youre less likely to get annoying flakiness in the middle of the day..because all the dead skin is already gone :)

i do this every few days, because if i do it more often, my skin gets a bit sore..and now im used to the bp, my skin doesnt get flaky much anyway.

hope this helps.

i have heard of people having good success with good % aha products.. but you have to get something strong enough to actually exfoliate.. i ordered alpha hydrox 12% glycolic acid from drugstore.com.. they ship around the world(i live in canada)..i cant wait to use it.. from the reviews ive read.. its got nothing but praise

My blackheads were fine before roaccutane, now on two weeks they came up everywhere on my nose, does that mean they willl wash away and never return?

Everything takes time...patient :pray:

Well this is my first time posting. I live in britain, I'm 21 and just want to say, thank fu*k for a website like this. All my friends have completely clear skin and I don't. Dammit, talk about feeling self conscious.

I get blackheads. Everyone I've talked to about them is always like, 'yeah just steam your face, then squeeze.' it's like eh yeah, sure but they keep coming back. I'm certain each one of my blackheads is called 'Rocky,' and keep coming back for, 'one more fight.'

I not only have blackheads but big trapped lumps of sebum that have hardened under the skin (especially under my forehead). They go quite deep. I've just started using dermalogica (don't know if you've all heard of that, I don't know where it originated from I'm afraid!) and my skin texture feels better. The lumps haven't gone away. But I'm getting into a regular routine. Instead of trying to use quick fixes.

If I'm honest I started getting blackheads when I was 9. I've had the big spots before - so I can't complain too much, I'm a girl, i can cover up and I only get blackheads...and theses lumps :( - but I can't actually remember a time when my skin was clear or I didn't have something to cover up with a side fringe or make up. It sucks!!!

oops i didn't mean to quote there.