Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VixenChica777

Still breaking out from Differin...

Hey, haven't been here in a while... well, I got prescribed about eight weeks ago on Differin gel by my derm for mild/moderate acne. My skin has gotten progressively worse since then and peaked at my worst skin EVER last week. Now it's starting to calm down and get smoother very slowly, still lots of red marks though. Should I continue on this? It really hard to get through to my derm and my next appointment is Nov. 28th. Thanks so much!!

Vicky

Hey, haven't been here in a while... well, I got prescribed about eight weeks ago on Differin gel by my derm for mild/moderate acne. My skin has gotten progressively worse since then and peaked at my worst skin EVER last week. Now it's starting to calm down and get smoother very slowly, still lots of red marks though. Should I continue on this? It really hard to get through to my derm and my next appointment is Nov. 28th. Thanks so much!!

Vicky

i would it usually takes 12 to 18 weeks to see any progress with ur face on differin im on it right now and ive been on it for about 8 weeks too and it does leave a lot of red marks but im hopin in the next 4 to 6 weeks it will start to clear up so personally id stay on it but thats just my opinion :D

Vicky

i would it usually takes 12 to 18 weeks to see any progress with ur face on differin im on it right now and ive been on it for about 8 weeks too and it does leave a lot of red marks but im hopin in the next 4 to 6 weeks it will start to clear up so personally id stay on it but thats just my opinion :D

what about tazaric same 12 to 18 weeks

Differin is great. Just dont forget to put on a moisturizer, at least 30 min after you apply differin.

ive been on differin for about 3 months, and its starting to get better now. just stick with it and it does work. also make sure you drink lots of water during the day and put a lot of differin on at night, also i find putting it on a couple of hours before i go to bed helps, rather than 10 minutes before bed.

differin is totally shit, dont use it anymore. it will only make matters worse.

i used differin for 10months for mild acne and cleared up quite well BUT with some red marks.

side effects i went through(and still going through after 4days of not applying)

-red cheeks (still have)

-dry skin (still have)

-itch/tingling spots on cheeks (so annoying but it stopped i think)

tahts about it but im hoping the side effects stop since im not applying differin anymore

but the red marks are fading on 1 side of the face VERY well but the other side is noticable