Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:D

I am 35 years of age and have suffered with acne for nearly 25 years. I have tried Retin A and many different antibiotics with no great success. I was told when I was 12 that I will grow out of it, well I am still waiting for that to happen. I have tried BP with some success and after each new acne medication failure always end up going back to it. At the begining of this year I have discovered a cream called glycolic 21 (10%), this cream contains glycolic acid and is marketed as a wrinkle cream or sun damaged cream. I have find this cream very helpful for my skin and can be more drying than bp so only use a little. My skin has never looked better and its good for wrinkles as well.

Drying

Used for sun-damaged or wrinkled skin

Is a cream

Hmmmm....sounds a lot like Retin-A. I think the drying effect can greatly reduce acne. Example: when I first started using Retin-A, I washed my face with an antibacterial bar soap, also known as Dial :!: My skin was very dry and I eventually started getting nasty sunburns due to my own short-sighted stupidity, but that bacteria-killing after-effect dryness sure cleared me up for the better part of a year.

Well, whatever works for you, my friend! As a bonus, your face is getting smoother, so who am I to say :?: :D

:roll: Retin A was useless for me, cost me a fortune but still had severe break outs. I realize that everyone is different and Retin A may be very usefull for someone else. I use Dove unscented soap which is one quarter mosteriser and my glycolic acid cream. I am on antibiotics (Mino) and the pill. I wear heaps of make-up when I go out for self-estem reasons. I never use to leave my house without my make up on but my skin has improved so much that I can venture outside with out my make up on more and more. I don't have many scars which is a surprise but I think the internal scars will stay with me much longer. I have very long hair and I am so use to hiding behind it, one day I may get a hair cut 8) . People don't understand unless they have lived through it and are still living through it.

:D What a wonderfull site this is. It is so good to read the message boards and everyones advice or experience. After reading people's advice and there success stories it has made me think that maybe I would have had better off using 2.5 % of bp instead of the 10% that I was using before I discovered the glycolic acid cream that I am now using. I did have some success with the 10% bp but I realize now I would have had greater success with a 2.5 %. I feel like vertically dividing my face in half and having one side with 2.5 % of bp and the other using my glycolic acid cream and then compare notes. :D I do still suffer from blackheads on my nose even though it is dry and flaky from the cream. I have beautiful skin everywhere else on my body and don't suffer at all from acne any where else apart from my face. My sister suffers badly from back acne but not on her face. I have been reading everyone's else's advice and I am thinking of trying getting some vit b tablets and eliminating salt from my diet. What does everyone think about vit b tablets and salt. I never heard that salt could be a problem before. :D

Ordinary table salt isn't that good for you at all. Here, this is some information about table salt.

Table salt is a chemically simple combination of two components, sodium and chlorine. The basic components of salt are, by themselves, potentially dangerous. Sodium will ignite immediately if it comes into contact with water, and chlorine is poisonous if ingested. In combination, though, the two elements form sodium chloride, commonly known as salt. Salt is essential. Each of us contain from four to eight ounces of salt. In the body, salt is as important to humans as water or air. It helps maintain the normal volume of blood in the body and also helps keep the correct balance of water in and around the cells and tissues. Salt plays an important part in the digestion of food and is essential in making the heart beat correctly. It is also necessary for the formation and proper function of nerve fibers, which carry impulses to and from the brain. Sodium, together with calcium, magnesium and potassium, helps regulate the body's metabolism. The sodium in salt is an essential nutrient. In combination with potassium, it regulates the acid-alkaline balance in our blood and is also necessary for proper muscle functioning. When we don't get enough sodium chloride, we experience muscle cramps, dizziness, exhaustion and, in extreme cases, convulsions and death. Salt is essential to our well being.

Anyways, you should buy real salt. I got that info from www.realsalt.com and it has some interesting information like what I just said. This sea salt is great stuff and it tastes soooooooo much better than table salt...I just love the stuff.

And about the B vitamins.....very important for you. I'm not gonna take the time to find some good information for you but lately my mother has actually been telling me all these things about how important the B vitamins are for you so she gives me two vitamin B5 each day along with a multi-B-vitamin. The multi-B-vitamin doesn't taste too good but it's really good for you. I have yet to experience the Vitamins B5 overdose to help with acne and I prolly never will....we'll see....but B vitamins are good. So ood luck with the salt and B vitamins and keep us posted on your continued success. Cheers

-Shawn-