Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Douglas

LASER FOR HYPERTROPHIC SCARRING ON NECK?

Posted

Hello,

I live in Los Angeles (90042). I have a massive irregular hypertrophic scar on my neck at and just below the mandible on the left side. It becomes infected periodically due to stress and aggravated by my poking at it with a needle. This activity invariably draws blood producing scabbing, with the scarring becoming inflamed and raised relative to the general neck area.

I wish to get rid of this problem for good! I have heard positive and negative reports regarding using a pulsating CO2 laser to burn hypertrophic or keloid acne scars. I do NOT want a skin depression to result from treatment of any kind!

Could anyone recommend reputable dermatologists/plastic surgeons who perform this procedure? Years ago, I was told the problem could not be corrected using dermabrasion because the scarring is on the neck.

Thanks.

Posted

Hello,

I live in Los Angeles (90042). I have a massive irregular hypertrophic scar on my neck at and just below the mandible on the left side. It becomes infected periodically due to stress and aggravated by my poking at it with a needle. This activity invariably draws blood producing scabbing, with the scarring becoming inflamed and raised relative to the general neck area.

I wish to get rid of this problem for good! I have heard positive and negative reports regarding using a pulsating CO2 laser to burn hypertrophic or keloid acne scars. I do NOT want a skin depression to result from treatment of any kind!

Could anyone recommend reputable dermatologists/plastic surgeons who perform this procedure? Years ago, I was told the problem could not be corrected using dermabrasion because the scarring is on the neck.

Thanks.

try getting some steroid injected into it. I had a keloid scar injected with kenalog one time and it went down. You could probably get the bastard cut out like a mole too.