Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jay

Scar Treatment in Los Angeles

Hello All,

I've been following this board for a couple of months now and have learned alot about scar treatment options that are currently available.

Yesterday I went to see Dr Abergel in LA for my acne scars and he suggested punch excision. He suggested that we should punch excise about 4 scars (trial) and this would cost $850. A full session would cost $4500. I don't know if these amounts are reasonable for scar treatments; can anyone help me in determining if his prices are reasonable? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Dr Abergel was really patient and he answered all of my questions thoroughly. His before/after pics were amazing too.

What does a full session mean, how many scars do you have to excise? I think $4500 sounds extremely expensive...

I have small deep ice pick scars and have too many to count (approx 60-80). A full session is about 20 - 30 scars being punch excised.

Jay...

How long was the waiting list to see Dr. Abergel? Also, his office is located in Santa Monica?

Thanks

It seems that prices for different things vary from Dr. to Dr. - That sounds very expensive to me, but if you trust your Dr. and if you feel the result would be worth that amount of money, perhaps you should consider it. Another option is to see several other Dr.s and compare prices/skill. This way you can make a more educated decision.

TKM,

The wait to see Dr Abergel was really short - i called for an appointment on a wed and saw him the next monday.

I saw Dr Rubin today and he suggested a combination of subcision, restalyne and cooltouch to improve my scars. I actually liked him better than Dr Abergel. We talked for an hour about my scars and the possible treatments. His nurse also injected a small amount of restalyne in my arm to see how i would react to it. I am going to make another appointment with him next week so he can test subcision on a couple of scars and also inject restalyne in some of my scars.

Hm....it's strange that they suggested such different treatments. If you have icepicks I don't think subcision/Restylane/cooltouch will help them at all...but perhaps you have other types of scarring as well? Since Restylane is only temporary will you have to do "touch ups" later?

Jay,

Keep me updated on how your treatment is going and which dermatologists worked the best for you.

How long have you had acne scars for?

Thanks

Hello,

I just came back from having restalyne injections and subcision. Actually, i had subcision tested on an small area on my left cheek and a couple of restalyne injections on a small area in my right cheek. The doctor said i would see immediate improvement from the restalyne injections and i'll have to wait about a month to see if the subcision will help. I'm thinking about having cooltouch done to my face in a couple of weeks too. Just updating people who are interested. Thanks.

I really need to find a place in Los Angeles quick. I am shipping out to Fort Jackson South Carolina this November, I'm in the Army, I need to get going and do something with these darned scars. Can anyone recommend me to a dermatologist in L.A please?