Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aph

What is the BEST Moisturizer in England?

I know in Boots (and perhaps other places in England) Eucerin products are available. The only problem is the specific one that Dan recommends isn't.

Is there another one that is comparible? Or should I be looking at a different range?

I'm currently using Nivea Soft. So I really need a decent moisturizer. Feedback's appreciated.

Nope no flakes... yet! God I hope I don't get any. It is looking/getting much dryer though. Despite the moisturising cream.

neutrogena norweigan formula day moisturiser is pretty good but quite expensive, as is neutrogena visibly refined- even more expensive but its alpha hydroxy too. theyre both no comedogenic and really helpful for dry skin. im from ireland but boots over here sell them so im sure its the same there! Let us know which one you get and what you think!

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

Boots Botanics Pore Perfecting moisturiser SPF 15

Nivea Young Moisturiser is also oil free and doesnt contain s.acid.

This is odd, I keep reading about the difficulty people are encountering in getting hold of Dan's Eucerin skin renewal product, but I recently managed to order 3 bottles of the stuff online (I'm UK-based) through drugstore.com

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

Theyre big bottles too - 118mls each.

How much was the total including postage if you dont mind me asking in pounds?

Hi y'all.

I got a free sample of Oil of Olays new Total effects blemish care, and have been using it for the last 2 weeks, it's wicked. Well it works for me anyway..I am pretty much clear now but get alot of mild acne plus have some red marks. Anyhoo, it's really nice, not greasy atall, but your skin still feels moisturised. Try it if you see it about, but I cant find it any shops yet! My sample has nearly run out so hope I can get it from somewhere!

Hi, here's a run down:

Product Description Qty.

Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion, SPF 15 3 £14.76 ---$25.47

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Subtotal: £14.76 ---$25.47

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Shipping & Handling £3.18 ---$5.49

International Shipping & Handling £17.07---$29.45

Customs, Duties, Taxes and Insurance 0.00 0.00

Order Total: £35.01---$60.41

It would have made more sense to buy more bottles, but I was worried about being hit with customs duties. I think you have to be under £50

In any case, these are big bottles, and should hopfeully last a long while!

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

hold on..... £20 postage on £15 worth of products?

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

You can get a sample of the total effects moisturiser from www.olay.co.uk. Its really winky though! It only lasts like 2 weeks!! It's good though because it apparantly fights wrinkles too, yay!

hold on..... £20 postage on £15 worth of products?

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

I agree it does seem crazy, but the alternative (what I was using before), was $29 p7p for just one botte of madelic serum costing $33. And when I bought two bottles, I was slapped with massive customs duties. This seems to be the lesser of the two evils, until I can figure out an equivalent moisturiser. By the way, I read form one of the other forums that Eucerin are discontinuing this moisturiser from January 2006.

by the looks of it dan is bringin out a moisturiser and cleanser soon enough. check theyre gonna be really big, really cheap and probably really good! I just got his bp gel a few days ago and its brilliant! it only cost 25 dollars for 2tubes including postage. and yeah eucerin is gonna be gone but i presume theyre replacing it with something similar! thats the best moisturiser i've ever used but dan should come up with something that works well. check out the announcements and feedback forum and give your opinions!

You can get a sample of the total effects moisturiser from www.olay.co.uk. Its really winky though! It only lasts like 2 weeks!! It's good though because it apparantly fights wrinkles too, yay!

I got samples of this too.. been using it for the past couple of weeks, and really like it :)

Hi y'all.

I got a free sample of Oil of Olays new Total effects blemish care, and have been using it for the last 2 weeks, it's wicked. Well it works for me anyway..I am pretty much clear now but get alot of mild acne plus have some red marks. Anyhoo, it's really nice, not greasy atall, but your skin still feels moisturised. Try it if you see it about, but I cant find it any shops yet! My sample has nearly run out so hope I can get it from somewhere!

Hi there

I am also looking for a decent moisturiser - i have this olay total effects blemish care [available in Boots] - however it contains SA and I am a bit worried about using BP [i'm using Dan's BP Gel] and SA together

any ideas

many thanks anyone for any advice on this

I've been using the Oil of Olay total effects with blemish care for about 6 months and have noticed a vast change in my skin. I no longer get cysts and only have small spots on my cheeks that clear in a couple of days. It regularly has a fiver off in the supermarkets

I don't like the way the eucerin feels (too creamy!). Feels too much like sun block. I'm on the look out for an alternative. I like the way the nivea for men one feels but I don't think its non-comedogenic.

Hi, here's a run down:

Product Description Qty.

Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion, SPF 15 3 £14.76 ---$25.47

Order Subtotal: £14.76 ---$25.47

US Shipping & Handling £3.18 ---$5.49

International Shipping & Handling £17.07---$29.45

Customs, Duties, Taxes and Insurance 0.00 0.00

Order Total: £35.01---$60.41

It would have made more sense to buy more bottles, but I was worried about being hit with customs duties. I think you have to be under £50

In any case, these are big bottles, and should hopfeully last a long while!

Keep it under $32/£18 or they can hit you for customs charges! I did wonder, thought, whether the large charges for Drugstore.com is due to them paying the import duty?