Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pick_n_pock

Anyone try Mineral Makeup?

It's claimed that Mineral Makeup is meant to be especially good for people who suffer with acne, and other skin conditions and those who have undergone laser treatment.

Has anyone tried it?

Yes, I've used Jane Iredale and I like it. It does seem to make my skin a bit oily, but doesn't break me out.

Yes, I first tried Bare Escentuals and did not like it. Some people do though. I just bought two samples of the Pure Powder and the Pure Cover from aromaleigh.com. It is great. The samples were reasonably priced and they are still lasting me...I've been mixing them with the new Skin Lights powder/highlighter/bronzer and that is working really well for me. I would recommend that you try Aromaleigh. Get a couple of the samples and read all the tons of info on Kristin (the owner's) site. It will explain everything to you about application, etc. I highly recommend it. I also bought the make your own lip balm kit. I haven't made it yet though. It smells great though--can't wait to! :D

I think that mineral powder foundations look much more natural than other foundations. I am also a fan of aromaleigh, I tried jane iredale but it made my skin oily. If you get oily try aromaleighs porcelaine primer powder under their regular foundation powder, it works great. Aromaleigh is great because you can order sample sizes of everything, you should get samples of several different colors before you buy any foundation from them, I found their colors to run very light so you should get a couple samples in colors that are a little darker than what you would think you would wear. Bottom line - it hasn't made me break out and it looks much more natural than anything else i've tried.

I recently bought samples of some of the ones, the 1L or 1N seems to be closest, but still a bit light. I always were the lightest shade! I am going to try 2L and 2N soon and see how that goes. I am still getting the hang of applying it, but I do like how it makes my skin feel, and the natural SPF is a bonus!

i also <3 the aromaleigh powder!!!

HI! I was wondering, I was going to order some samples from the aromaleigh, but I see that you have to have a minimum $ amount- is that how it was for you>? did you just buy alot of samples or what??? Also, should i buy the baggie samples or the jar ones?? Thanks

Yes, you do have to have like a $10 min. order. I bought the lip balm kit since I had been wanting to try it. I haven't put it together yet though. Smells good. The other week they did have a sale, so be on the lookout for that as well.

I bought the baggies. Cheaper and you do get a pretty good bit. I bought the Pure Cover baggie and it's still lasting me! I just put a little bit on the BE concealer brush and it does great. I also mix the PC with the SkinLights powder palette that they have out. Not sure of the exact name of the SkinLights though.

I prefer using a flocked sponge myself. Brushes (I did try the kabuki too) don't provide enough coverage for me.

Looking into this aromaleigh stuff. They only offer powder foundations. I have always used liquid, I can't imagine a powder giving the coverage I am looking for, is this the case?

Can they be as long lasting as liquid?

ahh well i can forget that, they only ship to US. So unless someone was going to help me out (I'd give them something for their troubles and pay shipping of course, and pay in advance) and ship to UK I'm screwed on that idea.

i was doubtful also about aromaleigh, but i ended up loving the foundation/powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was doubtful too, but i heard so many good reviews..

---

i just use on of those big blush brushes from target..for like $4 - to apply it

I was wondering if the aromaleigh concealer and foundation powder really offer the heavy coverage they say it does. When I say I need heavy coverage, I mean it! I have a lot of red marks/scars, so if this really does work, I'm willing to give it a try!

The concealer (Purcde Cover) is supposed to give a heavy coverage - the coverage can change depending on how you apply it. Why not visit the www.aromaleigh.com forums - the ladies over there are quite helpful!

I love Hydrominerali by Borghese... oil free liquid, great colors, great coverage... my salvation in assisting my skin to pass for eruption free evenness without ever feeling heavy or even looking as if I am wearing

anything.

Akua

I used to get it from Saks now I order it from Bloomies... don't know the West Coast equivalent (Nordstrom's?) my guess is big deparment stores that have multiple makeup counters would carry the Princess Borghese line of stuff...

I;m a fan of their Fango mud mask, too.

Akua