Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enchantress

What is the fastest way to get rid of these?

Ok i got these huge red pimples a few days ago..i have a few more on the other side and 2 on my forehead which cant be seen either. Its doesnt seem to be getting worse or better. Btw, i actually have quite a bit of scarring but amazingly it doesnt show in this pic..i guess the lighting is kind. But in actual fact..my skin looks something like an orange peel :cry:

And sorry for the horrid pic. I look sooo untidy. yuck. It was the only one i had without makeup

those are the type I get, I sympathize with you.

Are you on the Regimen?

When I feel one trying to form, I make sure I am super gentle and don't touch, squeeze, pick, or otherwise mess with it in any way except to wash gently and cover it in bp. I will usually put an extra thick layer on at night if I have a pimple trying to form, and as much as I can put on there during the day without it being noticeable. If you leave them alone, alot of times they will just gradually go down on their own, at least that has been my experience.

those are the type I get, I sympathize with you.

Are you on the Regimen?

When I feel one trying to form, I make sure I am super gentle and don't touch, squeeze, pick, or otherwise mess with it in any way except to wash gently and cover it in bp. I will usually put an extra thick layer on at night if I have a pimple trying to form, and as much as I can put on there during the day without it being noticeable. If you leave them alone, alot of times they will just gradually go down on their own, at least that has been my experience.

Yea i'm now on the regimen. About 2 mths now..and this is a sudden bout of pimples which appeared about 4days ago without warning.

I used to have really active acne..like at least 10-15 of those at each breakout but i managed to get it under control for years now. Now its a once in a while thingy..but when i do get it..its those kinda huge red shits (oops can i say shit on here?) I hate it i hate it. Its painful and uncomfortable..and itchy. And i have to be careful even when i'm sleeping. Oh dont worry about the picking..i did too many of that during my earlier years and sustained scars. Never again :naughty:

Btw do you have any idea how i can reduce the orange peel appearance. I think that bothers me more than these pimples..sigh. Maybe i should beg my sis to lend me her cam and take a few shots of my scars.. i'm really self-conscious abt it though

well, for those indented scars, Retin A can plump them out nicely. Consider consulting a dermatologist for scar options. We also have a Acne Scar forum here, you can get lots of opinions on what works and what doesn't.

wait a minute, I just read one of your other threads, are you using Cetaphil cleanser?

Alot of people complain of continued breakouts when using Cetaphil. Consider switching to a cleanser that actually cleanses more. I swear by Purpose bar personally.

i have to agree that the purpose bar seems to help a lot. unfortunately, i am in the mist of a wicked breakout of the same type. when it gets like this, i sometimes use an ice cube to help with the inflammation. i did this last night & then used the bp after drying. this morning it felt a lot better & seemed to go down the teeniest bit.

i have to agree that the purpose bar seems to help a lot. unfortunately, i am in the mist of a wicked breakout of the same type. when it gets like this, i sometimes use an ice cube to help with the inflammation. i did this last night & then used the bp after drying. this morning it felt a lot better & seemed to go down the teeniest bit.

I think its too late for the ice treatment. It no longer hurts but has pus...ick! I do use ice though when i get a new red pimple that hurts whenever i move any facial muscle. god i hate acne!! its nature's curse! :wall:

i know how you feel..i get those too.. ive found that the best way to get rid of them is to just leave them alone!! continue treating them with bp and they should come to a head in about 1-2 days.

Guest pokerbugg

ouch i hate those f-ers ...those hurt like hell! bp...could help ya

Yea thats what i've been doing. It has worked for all my pimples so far but this time round its taking ridiculously long to heal..i think i've had those pimples for slightly more than a week. grrr...its annoying

Yea thats what i've been doing. It has worked for all my pimples so far but this time round its taking ridiculously long to heal..i think i've had those pimples for slightly more than a week. grrr...its annoying

Relax.

I have one stubborn pimple on my cheek for almost 1 month. it isnt big. But stubborn.

lol

Relax.

I have one stubborn pimple on my cheek for almost 1 month. it isnt big. But stubborn.

lol

Oh my..are you sure its even a pimple? Once i had this bump that never went away for at least 1-2 mths. i thought it was a pimple and finally went to a beautician. Well, she told me it was a kinda growth or smgt. And she extracted it. Instead of pus or blood...this clear jelly-like substance came out. :shock: it was quite gross but not as bad as having pus filled pimples.

Lately, if I get an occasional inflamed pimple, I use the bp as normal, and then put a bandaid with a blob of Neosporin over it at night. It seems to help it heal a lot faster for me. In the past, I've also used Black Salve with a bandaid (it smells horrid, but reduces inflammation usually overnight). I'm out of the Black Salve or I'd use that every time (instead of Neosporin). It works that well. Hope that helps :) ~Lisa~

Relax.

lol

Oh my..are you sure its even a pimple? Once i had this bump that never went away for at least 1-2 mths. i thought it was a pimple and finally went to a beautician. Well, she told me it was a kinda growth or smgt. And she extracted it. Instead of pus or blood...this clear jelly-like substance came out. :shock: it was quite gross but not as bad as having pus filled pimples.

I think it is cos it was noticably bigger before i do the regimen. it gets smaller when i apply bp gel over time..

Jelly like growth :wacko:

Hope not. :P

Lately, if I get an occasional inflamed pimple, I use the bp as normal, and then put a bandaid with a blob of Neosporin over it at night. It seems to help it heal a lot faster for me. In the past, I've also used Black Salve with a bandaid (it smells horrid, but reduces inflammation usually overnight). I'm out of the Black Salve or I'd use that every time (instead of Neosporin). It works that well. Hope that helps :) ~Lisa~

what is black salve? btw, from using all that extra bp...the pimples somehow burst (on its own) and the pus came out..but there are still very tiny bumps left that are superrr red. Its looks yucky and is very noticeable since all the pimples are clustered together in one area.

Relax.

lol

I think it is cos it was noticably bigger before i do the regimen. it gets smaller when i apply bp gel over time..

Jelly like growth :wacko:

Hope not. :P

lol. yeah its weird..i still do not know what it was. :think: But i've had those kinda bumps a few times. its not painful or red or anything but when ure washing ure face..you can feel the bump.

I'm not sure exactly "what" black salve is (ie. what it's derived from) but it is also known as "black ointment" and you can buy it at natural health stores or order it online. I checked the Everything Natural store and it was pretty expensive, but I found better prining online. If you research it, you'll find all the other uses and benefits of the black salve. I know the first time I learned of it, my grandfather was putting it on splinters and covering it with a bandaid. It has such great "drawing" abilities that it helped pull the stubborn splinters out of his skin so he didn't have to "dig" at them. And like I said, it really did help with the inflammation of my break outs. (Maybe you could try the Neosporin to help speed the healing of what's left of yours). I hope that helps! Sorry it took so long for a response, I haven't been online for a few days. :) ~Lisa~

you could try applying queen helenes mint julepe mask at night after ur washh ur face, while its stil moist and leaving it on as you sleep. should help to dry them out.

you could try applying queen helenes mint julepe mask at night after ur washh ur face, while its stil moist and leaving it on as you sleep. should help to dry them out.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I used that mint julep mask, my face broke out terribly EVERY time I used it. I finally "got the hint" :), listened to my skin and quit using it. Like I said, maybe it was just me, but it just did NOT agree with me! :) ~Lisa~

mint julep mask..sounds yummy. lol.

anyway, i dont think i wanna load my face with extra things..i already have loadsss of products :doubt: Btw those pimples have totally flattened out but as expected, it had left a dark spot there which i predict will take a longgg time to totally disappear. Thanks for all your help anyway :angel: