Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daz2

should i go on roaccutane again?

i've been off roaccutane for 6 months and about 4 weeks ago one pimple has grown into a full scale breakout with no sign of letting up. I feel really bummed that all my patience has gone to waste and althought the acne isn't as worse as it once was it feels like it will never go.

i'm 18 and wanted to start uni next yr with a fresh face and as a new person but it hardly feels like this can happen since i still have the red marks since while on roaccutane. I'm not sure whether to go back on or not...

when someone has gone on roaccutane/accutane for the 2nd time how did people cope with it? what were the side-effects like? did you still get the red marks?

roaccutane was like hell for me but i'd rather 4-5 months of hell than another couple of yrs of feeling like shit

Daz

i've been off roaccutane for 6 months and about 4 weeks ago one pimple has grown into a full scale breakout with no sign of letting up. I feel really bummed that all my patience has gone to waste and althought the acne isn't as worse as it once was it feels like it will never go.

i'm 18 and wanted to start uni next yr with a fresh face and as a new person but it hardly feels like this can happen since i still have the red marks since while on roaccutane. I'm not sure whether to go back on or not...

when someone has gone on roaccutane/accutane for the 2nd time how did people cope with it? what were the side-effects like? did you still get the red marks?

roaccutane was like hell for me but i'd rather 4-5 months of hell than another couple of yrs of feeling like shit

Daz

I've read a lot of journals and it seems to me it works a lot quicker the 2nd time. You should have full results in 1 month to 2. The redmarks will always come, thats the hell of acne, atleast your face will be clear again. Also, if you are a guy (Can't tell my name), a little concealer doesn't hurt, it really is easy to apply and makes your face look good. Mineral is the way to go. Just adding if the red marks bother you.

When my acne came back after Accutane, it was 4 years later, but still frustrating. But it did not come back as severe as before. The Regimen is keeping me clear, so keep that in mind as an option if you don't want to do a second round of Accutane.

BTW, if you want more replies from people who have done Accutane twice, I can either move this thread to the Prescription Medication forum, or you can consider asking your question there.

good luck.