Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have been prescribed dianette, so far my skin is showing an improvement. see post 'dianette diary'

Two years ago I was on Alesse and did not have acne until I started this bcp. Then I switched to Yasmin which made me totally clear. However, I switched a year ago to Ortho Tri Cyclen since it is only $8 at my college health center. My skin is not as great as it was on Yasmin but is much improved from how it was while I was on Alesse. :D

It's been a long time since I was on em. I took a few different kinds (tried the ortho tri, didn't do thing for acne) I just started a new kind for the first time in 3 years or whatever. Called Ovcon 35. It's only been about a week though.... haven't noticed anything crazy just yet.

Mercer

I took BCP for about 3 years. I took Ortho Tri Cyclen. My skin completely cleared in about a year of being on Ortho Tri Cyclen. Then after 3 years I had to stop taking them--I developed a blood clot in my leg. Birth control pills can contribute to blood clots. I spent 5 days in the hospital on an IV of Heparin (blood thinner). It still shocks me that this happened to me because I was in good health. I had had a major lifestyle change--I had gone from a job where I was walking A LOT to a job where I was sitting at a desk all day. Not very healthy and esp. not good if you're on BCP--sitting for long periods of time that is. So beware of swelling, pain, tingling in any extremeties. Always have your doctor see you if you have any of these symptoms. Blood clots can break off and go to your lungs. It's something known as pulmonary embolism. It is fatal...I don't want to scare anyone--I just want to share what happened to me. I would NEVER wish what happened to me on anybody. My leg was so swollen and painful when I got out of the hospital I could barely walk, let alone crawl.