Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AllyKat

Tazorac and whiteheads

Does anyone else have a problem with getting a bunch of white headed pimples with taz? I've only been on it like 2 weeks, and I definately have the inicial break out and crap, but everytime I put it on, like an hour later I look and i have like a bazillion whiteheads. They are all the kind that are begging to be popped too. It's annoying because I try not to pop them and theres just SO MANY.

Could it also be the minocyline too? I'm going to contuine with the entire length of the treatment and stuff so either way it doesn't make much of a differnce I just want to know if other people have has the same side effects and could tell me when it started to go away. I can deal with the flaking and redness but these whiteheads are pissing me off. Every morning I wake up to 20+ new ones.

You need to apply Tazorac for 4-8 weeks until you see results. Tazorac makes the skin look really oily after applying it so that's why the whiteheads look more profound then it really is. Breakouts are annoying, but I've noticed that they clear up faster then normal while on Tazorac. And whatever you do, don't pop.

Good luck.

on the topic of poppingwhiteheads ..

is anybody here addicted to it?? i am clear now, but i was addicted to popping whiteheads before. It like gave me please seeing all that goo stuff come out.

You need to apply Tazorac for 4-8 weeks until you see results. Tazorac makes the skin look really oily after applying it so that's why the whiteheads look more profound then it really is. Breakouts are annoying, but I've noticed that they clear up faster then normal while on Tazorac. And whatever you do, don't pop.

Good luck.

I know you ahve to wait for results I was just wondering if other people got a bunch of those whiteheaded pimples with the inicial break out. Trust me the 'oilyness' cant be making something look THAT profound. Its a bunch of clustered zits with whiteheads, even with zero shine it looks like shit.