Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
x1x2x3

please help me with this..idk wut to do...

my acne on the most part is gone...jus the red spots remain. they are pretty much all over, so i find makeup an essential. since summer is here, the thing to do is go swimming. but im kinda nervous about doing this. wont my makeup come off? wont i have streaks pouring down my face? how waterproof can makeup be if it comes off in the shower? i play hockey too..it starts again in about 2 months. i am hoping my spots will basicly diminish by then, because i know i cant wear makeup to hockey. but i think the worse, what if my spots dont go away...my gf has never seen me without makeup..wen we met i was wearing it. im afraid for her to see me without it...she would be shocked. she doesnt know about my acne battle. what can i do to lessen these spots? if anyone can help me with any of this it will be unbelievably appreciated...thanks...

i have this same problem but i haven't found a "quick" solution.. talk to your dermatologist to give you the best answer. maybe you can get prescribed "azalex" or some acne fighting cream with bleach or whatever in it. i was using azalex for awhile and it did fade the red spots quite a bit, but over time.

Hey x1x2x3, i've been using Maybelline Shine Control liquid foundation and i've found it just won't come off without soap. Not necessarily a good thing haha But watch out for the stuff. It caused whiteheads for me but i know of other people who have had no problems.

I've heard that some of the mineral makups, aromaleigh for one, does not come of easily when swimming for a moderate amount of time.

I don't know of any waterproof make up, but I say talk to your girlfriend. Don't you want her to know and understand you as a person? I seriously don't think she is going to break up with youover bad skin. maybe she can even help. honesty will improve your relationship and bringyou closer, so you don't have to feel embarassed. go for it anad good luck [-o<

I use Revlon Colorstay along with Dermablend as a spot concealer. On top of that, I use a setting powder. And boy does my makeup last! lol

Ani-

Revelon colorstay, huh? i will have to check that out.

I cannot beleive that your husband has never seen you without make up! How the hell do you do that?Do you sleep in it? I have been married for two years. At first I was embarassed about it, but you know what, the first time he saw me without make up, nothing changed. If you stop wearing make up all the time, your skin may clear up more. Just tell your husband, "I am taking off my make up and you had better tell me I am pretty when it somes off!" He will probably laugh. The you can say something corny like, "I just wanted to share all of me with you, zits included." It will be light, no big deal and you guys will remember it as a laughing matter. Later on, when you are comfortable talking about it more, you can get serious about it and let him in on your search for a cure. He loves you, remember? He wants to halp you and make you happy. do it. He may appreciate your opening up to him about something that bothers you so. Good luck !

Xilatia :evil:

hey, anytime. This is our one chance to live our lives to the fullest. It's hard not to let acne get in the way because of all the ways it effects us, but life goes on with or without acne. We can't let it stop us from being our true selves. For a while I turned into somewhat of a recluse because of it, and I am usually very outgoing and loved going out, but I didn't want to because I was embarassed. I regret that. Nobody cared about my acne as much as I did, that's for sure! It will get better. I am so excited to hear that you are really going to take off your makeup in front of your hubby! You have to tell me what happens! He may even be like - so what, you don't have makeup on, big deal. That's what my hubby was like. He could have cared less if my makeup was on or off.

Woo-hoo :evil:/

A change concealed in courage and truth in a day of the life of Ani.

AWESOME

[-o< Xilatia

:D:D:D:(:(

yeah, i went through the same thing with never taking off my make up, it became a mask of security for me, but i took slow steps, say not wearing foundation anymore, just concelear,<zit zappper with tea tree> and bronzer, and my boyfriend likes it better too, cuz he can see me for me. plus,, letting ur skin breathe will really quicken it's healing process. good luck :evil:

Ani,

That is amazing that your husband has not seen you without makeup!! I am also a lover of the makeup and don't go out without it but regularly hang around the house bare-faced, zits and all, with my hubby of 3.5 years. Before we got married I was mortified about the idea of him seeing me without makeup on a bad face day. I had all kinds of plans to avoid being bare faced- turn out the lights fast, get up first, etc. but then I got a little lazy and also realised that he didn't even notice (in a good way). It also took me ages to talk about my battle with acne with him. I would make passing comments from time to time about my face and he would say, you look great, don't worry about it. But in the last year I gave him the low-down about how my face makes me feel and the battles I have been through. He's been great about it. He still doesn't seem to see my zits (ah... the rose colored glasses of love- or shall we say true beige colored glasses) but he knows when I am feeling self-conscious or icky and is really encouraging and makes me feel loved and beautiful in spite of my face.

Sounds like your husband is a great guy and I am sure that he will be loving and supportive and make you feel beautiful too. Kudos to your first big step!! =D>

All the best!