Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The severity of my emotions and the deepness of my thoughts at my young age scares even me. Most people think I am just like them and will always be, but none of them know me very well. I share my darkest secrets with the most unknown strangers. I share who I really am with people I don't even know. I'm not a social person outside of school. You have to be social in school to prevent being eaten alive. I don't like large crouds of strange people. I'm a loner and plan to stay that way. I'm not a bad person because I do things differently than you. There's enough pressure to look a certain way, be a certain shape, have the certain requirements to be accepted by public society. I shall never take it apon myself to mold my mind into the perfect form to please you. That's why people do not accept me. They want me to be just like them, and I simply refuse to do it. For example, my favorite color is black. I'm not a depressed suicidal freak that goes to a therapist every other day, even though I do not have a problem with people like that. My family always criticizes me because I like black. My sister's favorite color is pink, why is there nothing wrong with that? Why do you not ask her every day why she wears that color and paints her nails that color? Why is it just me? The answer is because you will never accept me until I am JUST LIKE YOU.

Guest pokerbugg

is that u in that pic, on ur link? if so , i love ur pic....real cute

On my myspace? No thats not me. I would post a picture of me if I had the cord thingy that hooks up to the digital camera. I can't download them onto the computer unless I have it. It really sucks because we have 132 pictures on the digital camera but no way to get them on the computer.

Guest pokerbugg

dont worry about it...its probably a stage(i know that must annoy u...i used to hate it when people told me that)....it was a stage for me, i used to be the same way when i was 13 till like i turned 15 then i started being more girly... i dunno....u'll be fine though :)

dont worry about it...its probably a stage(i know that must annoy u...i used to hate it when people told me that)....it was a stage for me, i used to be the same way when i was 13 till like i turned 15 then i started being more girly... i dunno....u'll be fine though

haha, real funny. I fucking hate preps. I'm a girl and as girly as I will ever be. I'm not a tomboy. But I will never act like I'm better than anyone else. I want to grow up, join the navy, then go to college to be a meteorologist. My point is that my family wants me to grow up and do everything the same way that they see everyone else doing it. They want me to follow all the trends, dress like everyone else, think, act and talk like everyone else, and just be a fucking clone. And like I said, they have some sort of fucking problem with the color black.

We acne sufferers have to get through life our own way. Often the normal activities and routes are not open to us.

By the way, did you used to be i_luv_nascar, Terri?

Guest Freak_Turbulence

dont worry about it...its probably a stage(i know that must annoy u...i used to hate it when people told me that)....it was a stage for me, i used to be the same way when i was 13 till like i turned 15 then i started being more girly... i dunno....u'll be fine though

haha, real funny. I fucking hate preps. I'm a girl and as girly as I will ever be. I'm not a tomboy. But I will never act like I'm better than anyone else. I want to grow up, join the navy, then go to college to be a meteorologist. My point is that my family wants me to grow up and do everything the same way that they see everyone else doing it. They want me to follow all the trends, dress like everyone else, think, act and talk like everyone else, and just be a fucking clone. And like I said, they have some sort of fucking problem with the color black.

Well you already are a clone if you "fucking hate preps". Not for who you hate, but for the fact that you do hate. The majority of humans revel in hate for no valid reason, so welcome to the clone factory. Unless your valid reason is that they're preps. Yeah, that mature attitude will get you further than you'll ever imagine.

And you are a bigger conformer than the people who you claim follow the trends. If it wasn't for those trends, you would not know what to conform against. For example, do you only like the colour black because it seems to be no one else's favourite colour, and because everyone else's favourite colour seems to be the complete opposite? If you didn't have these people around you, you wouldn't have a clue which colour to pick as a favourite. And actually, you would probably be honest with yourself and pick your actual favourite colour. In psychology, what you're doing is called "conforming to anti-conformity". These people tend to be the biggest conformists of all, and are definitely a lot more aware of and seem to give a shit about current trends. People that follow trends do it because it is less work, they don't give a fuck about analyzing it that much.

Turbulence, another armchair psychologist. Yay. These pop psychologist types think they know everything. They read books written by other people, then proclaim that what those people said to be the truth. They think that all people are the same, and that they can analyze someone based on tendancies of others. When in fact, we're all individuals, with different reasoning. We're not robots that fit into your pop psychology.

Turbulence, you sure do say a lot for not saying anything at all.

Well you already are a clone if you "fucking hate preps". Not for who you hate, but for the fact that you do hate. The majority of humans revel in hate for no valid reason, so welcome to the clone factory. Unless your valid reason is that they're preps. Yeah, that mature attitude will get you further than you'll ever imagine.

And you are a bigger conformer than the people who you claim follow the trends. If it wasn't for those trends, you would not know what to conform against. For example, do you only like the colour black because it seems to be no one else's favourite colour, and because everyone else's favourite colour seems to be the complete opposite? If you didn't have these people around you, you wouldn't have a clue which colour to pick as a favourite. And actually, you would probably be honest with yourself and pick your actual favourite colour. In psychology, what you're doing is called "conforming to anti-conformity". These tend to be the biggest conformists of all, and are definitely a lot more aware of and seem to give a shit about current trends. People that follow trends do it because it is less work, they don't give a fuck about analyzing it that much.

Oh wow, you just fucking blew me away.

He had to be the jackass to prove something with psychology. Again, I'm blown away.

If you hate conformity then you do not conform. A better expression would be that Terri dislikes conformity and therefore does the opposite of what it dictates. No conformity is involved on her part at all.

Anyway, preps must indeed suck if they're anything like chavs. I applaud your choice of target.

Guest Freak_Turbulence

Turbulence, another armchair psychologist. Yay. These pop psychologist types think they know everything. They read books written by other people, then proclaim that what those people said to be the truth. They think that all people are the same, and that they can analyze someone based on tendancies of others. When in fact, we're all individuals, with different reasoning. We're not robots that fit into your pop psychology.

Give me a fucking break, I'm getting an Honors degree is Psychology with a minor in Neuroscience. On top of that, the lab I work in is a social/clinical psychology lab. And you are completely wrong in the case that humans all use different reasoning. Humans are an incredibly predictable species. At least be cautious in your assumptions and say that it is harder to deduce what any given individual will do. And reading books that are grounded in empirical research, not to mention reading actual empirical research articles, is more credit than you will ever have.

Humans are robots, and good ones at that. And if you want to call it pop psychology (which I think is really cute), then of course we fit into it.

Why don't we just make it simple...

Maybe people "hate fucking preps" because they represent everything that has rejected them in their life? Maybe they are every standard that they simply couldn't live up to?

I think i'll keep it simple.

Give me a fucking break, I'm getting an Honors degree is Psychology with a minor in Neuroscience. On top of that, the lab I work in is a social/clinical psychology lab. And you are completely wrong in the case that humans all use different reasoning. Humans are an incredibly predictable species. At least be cautious in your assumptions and say that it is harder to deduce what any given individual will do. And reading books that are grounded in empirical research, not to mention reading actual empirical research articles, is more credit than you wil lever have.

Humans are robots, and good ones at that. And if you want to call it pop psychology (which I think is really cute), then of course we fit into it.

but saying she 'hates preps' is as gay as someone saying 'I hate moshers'

...and controversy begins.

I have known many "preps" personally and they aren't the best people in the world. I don't hate any of them because people call them that, even though they have a reputation to be hated by most social outcasts. And I'm assuming you think I hate cheerleaders too (if you don't, then I'm sure someone will), since they have a tendancy to be labeled as "preps". I know the sweetest girl you will ever meet and she is a cheerleader. She has talent and I don't think she is in it just for the middle school publicity.

Guest Freak_Turbulence

A good start would be to stop measuring your self-worth by whether or not some group of people reject you. Not that "preps" is a valid group. I think you just need to place a label on your rejection, and that the people that actually rejected you varied just as much between themselves as they vary with you. But of course it's easier to see them as being all the same, hence the label. And it is always easier to hate things that are concrete and have labels.

I was thinking that aswell.. like, you probably couldnt act preppy and live up to that life style even if you wanted too.

And people who say they hate moshers probably wish they could be as creative/play in a band and be as into music, as some of they are.

But everyone has a type of music that makes them feel euphoric its just the hating against other types of people I hate, cause we are all the same anyway.

Well, I never really thought that music defined who you are even though a certain type of croud normally listens to a certain type of music. When most people see me, they assume I listen to metal music. Actually, I hate metal. I like rock, screamo (similar to metal but has a less chance of giveing me a headache), hardcore, alternative, and country. I love country.

A good start would be to stop measuring your self-worth by whether or not some group of people reject you. Not that "preps" is a valid group. I think you just need to place a label on your rejection, and that the people that actually rejected you varied just as much between themselves as they vary with you. But of course it's easier to see them as being all the same, hence the label. And it is always easier to hate things that are concrete and have labels.

Frankly I have not a clue as to what you are talking about.

Give me a fucking break, I'm getting an Honors degree is Psychology with a minor in Neuroscience. On top of that, the lab I work in is a social/clinical psychology lab. And you are completely wrong in the case that humans all use different reasoning. Humans are an incredibly predictable species. At least be cautious in your assumptions and say that it is harder to deduce what any given individual will do. And reading books that are grounded in empirical research, not to mention reading actual empirical research articles, is more credit than you will ever have.

In your little book that you worship, and believe to be true, what do they call what you're doing here? Over-compensating? Tell me, what are you over-compensating for, a small penis? Bad skin? Be honest, buddy.

In your little book that you worship, and believe to be true, what do they call what you're doing here? Over-compensating? Tell me, what are you over-compensating for, a small penis? Bad skin? Be honest, buddy.

lol

Guest Freak_Turbulence

Well I hope your realize that empirical studies in any case have more credit than your folk theories. Hours of analyzing data and repeating experiments vs. your condescension toward science. Hmmm, that's not exactly a toughie, I'll choose the cautious scientific person over the pretentious fucker.

I'm over-compensating for the tools of society, and I'll tell you how it works. A large part of society believes that their own folk theories are true, with no regard to what is actually occurring. So the few people that actually do use a scientific method in finding out what is going on have a huge void to fill (or a huge amount of idiocy to negate). In fact, "huge" is an understatement.

But I want to keep this going, in truth this is the easiest argument on these boards that I've ever been in.

I'm going with small penis. Don't worry, buddy, I used to do the same types of things. Actually, I used to think like you as well. Then I became really self-aware, and realized that the beginning of knowledge is realizing you don't know anything. Then, for fun, I realized that I was just over-compensating. (Like you)

Guest Freak_Turbulence

Right, because you really come across like you think you don't know anything. I realized a long time ago that I know nothing. And where you're wrong is that that is the beginning and the end of knowledge. That constrains us to talking in relative terms. I have more knowledge than you because in this case you are the armchair psychologist, I am the empiricist. And you are not self-aware, you are pretentious. If you were self-aware, you wouldn't be using personal attacks on other people as a defense mechanism.

Guest Freak_Turbulence

We can go down the list if you want, I really don't mind. Your next thing was "bad skin". I'm actually clear now, I went on the regiment 5 months ago. So let's keep the folk theories coming. I'd love to show this all off on webcam.