Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oedipus

When old most people who have, grown out of acne

Usually guys grow out of it around 17 or 18, girls a little younger.

From all I know serious acne outgrows in the mid twenties for males. I know no male with acne who got clear skin before 24.

I'm 21 and crossing my fingers for it to go away once and for all... I had very late puberty tough...

It actually has been on my face for at least 5 years... It get worse 2 years ago... Now it's up and down... my back is a real mess...

True, but they're not as spotty as teenagers though are they, its more mild, moderate isn't it.

Clearly you have NO idea at all what you are talking about mate! For some adults, it actually gets worse as they get older and for the majority, it really doesn't get any better without treatment in comparison to the 'teenage acne severity' as you roughly put it.

I'mjust 23 and have had acne for 6 years now. My brothers 20 and has very mild acne, he'll outgrow it. Parents never had it. Sisters 17 and she has a spot every few months (lucky cow!), although she may start to flare up now like I did.

I'm hoping I'll of outgrown it by 25/26. I know loads of people who have grown out of it by the magic age of '26' in fact, I know 8 people to be exact - mainly guys though.

Here's hoping. :pray:

True, but they're not as spotty as teenagers though are they, its more mild, moderate isn't it.

Clearly you have NO idea at all what you are talking about mate! For some adults, it actually gets worse as they get older and for the majority, it really doesn't get any better without treatment in comparison to the 'teenage acne severity' as you roughly put it.

I'mjust 23 and have had acne for 6 years now. My brothers 20 and has very mild acne, he'll outgrow it. Parents never had it. Sisters 17 and she has a spot every few months (lucky cow!), although she may start to flare up now like I did.

I'm hoping I'll of outgrown it by 25/26. I know loads of people who have grown out of it by the magic age of '26' in fact, I know 8 people to be exact - mainly guys though.

Here's hoping. :pray:

BUMP, any other thoughts?

So for any of you expierenced people is it more then likely guys will grow out of it sooner then girls because of the hormonal activity that takes place in women even when there older?

I definatley don't agree with the idea that guys grow out of it at 17 or 18. I'm 20, my mom or dad didn't have bad acne and mine's moderate.

I started to get it around 8th grade. Sucks ass and I hope I grow out of it by my mid 20's. How many of the people you know that grew out of it took accutane at one point?

Sucks to be female then....I'm 20 and my acne didn't get bad until I turned 18! Adult acne is a b-word...It seems more deep and painful than the acne I had during my teen years....I got on birthcontrol and it made a difference....not much....but at least I feel like I can leave my house...At this moment my skin is almost at the point it was in highschool...just small surface bumps that go away in a day or two...I hope I grow out of this in my twenties....it's starting to get old....mostly because a lot of my peers don't have this problem....I think the older you get the more it hurts you to have acne....because it makes you feel ugly and different...like no one else understands because they are clear without effort.

Im 20 and really hope I outgrow acne. * crossing fingers* I think I might try birth control, because that seems to be the last resort to things. My brother also suffered acne in his teens like me, but as soon as he turned 19 or 20, his acne subsided. I wish that was my case, but Ive been through hell with this thing. Its been 8 years. My acne either gets really bad in one year then after a while when I find something good, it gets mild, then the next year it goes back to square one. Its frustrating and a task.

Well I haven't grown out of my acne yet, I'm only 16 though. I started getting acne around 9 or 10 years old. It's a pain..but it has gotten slightly better. But still very far from clear.

My mom grew out of her acne around 20, as for my dad, he still gets acne[he's around 44 now].