Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben16

Winter coming.. chin acne aggravating like hell?

havent posted here in a while cause my acne was finally clearing up during summer and all those sunny days.. but now the winter is coming back im definately noticing a big change...chin acne !!!! last year during wintertime i had it too i always got whiteheads on my chin and it just looked like a mess cuz i couldnt shave there nothing... during summer it cleared up real good and now its coming back!! even the right diet which ive been doing for a long time wont even help!

chin acne is probably hormones related but i dunno what to do could someone help me out please? thanks

could it possible you've been having bigger meals because it's getting colder? ie: thanksgiving, etc.

And when it's colder people tend to stay inside more and move less..

Just throwing in ideas!

Guest Cubsfan

That's what I was thinking.. but more because you are spending more time inside, so possibly doing things like watching tv, on the computer more, where you might be leaning your hand under your chin for support.

Maybe you're touching your face more often.

Just a thought.

they say the keyboard is more dirtier than a toilet bowl.

That's what I was thinking.. but more because you are spending more time inside, so possibly doing things like watching tv, on the computer more, where you might be leaning your hand under your chin for support.

Maybe you're touching your face more often.

Just a thought.

they say the keyboard is more dirtier than a toilet bowl.

maybe a public one but its two different kids of dirty, raw sewage and cold germs etc.

My derm said that often when i break out in the winter its due to the sudden temp. change and its just a off-setting of my body that will cause the extra sensitivity and hence the breaking out (i break out only on my chin basically)

I wouldn't worry about eliminating foods, but maybe try adding something like strawberries or blueberries and green tea to your diet as they're good anti-oxidants and should help your skin recover to sharp changes more rapidly.

Chin Acne has got a hold of me as well, nice in the summer and now in the Fall it's gotten so bad, white heads all over the place.

I started taking flax seed again just in hopes it will do something.

Also I stopped the bp because it seemed to make it worse.

After 2 weeks of these little guys, it seems to be getting better, however, its definitely not gone and some are increasing in size again.

I really hate being seen this way.

My derm said that often when i break out in the winter its due to the sudden temp. change and its just a off-setting of my body that will cause the extra sensitivity and hence the breaking out (i break out only on my chin basically)

I wouldn't worry about eliminating foods, but maybe try adding something like strawberries or blueberries and green tea to your diet as they're good anti-oxidants and should help your skin recover to sharp changes more rapidly.

Me too!!!

Normally i get spots on my lower cheeks, still do but not as bad as a few weeks ago.

Now i have started getting them on my chin and upper lip.

Really weired and annoying.

If you guys find a reason for this or a cure... Please post back.

Good Luck!

oh :redface: i always thought my spots got better in winter, parce que in summer your face is sweating.

p.s. i love ur signature cubsfan - vegans rule!!!

Edited by MikeDavies

My skin was also better in summer. Probably I should go to the tanning booth from time to time, but I'm too lazy :doh: I think the temperature has not much influence, it's probably the sunlight.