Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theklown

Flakey after Eating :(

Hey guys

Been on regimen for about a month.. maybe more, havn't really been counting. Anyway only problem im having now is getting pretty flakey around my mouth only after eating. I moisturize there both morning and night and dunno why Im only flaking there. Do I need more moisturizer? is it ok to put it on more than twice a day?

Cheers

The skin around your mouth is extra sensative so the bp will dry it out more so than other parts of your face. It flakes more after eating most likely due to the jaw movement when chewing that breaks the dry bp up and gives it the flake effect.

Sorry, forgot to answer your question the first time. You could try to not apply bp to that area. Only if you have bad acne around the mouth should you continue applying it to the mouth region, otherwise keep using bp, but skip the mouth area and let it catch itself up to the dryness.

Or you can apply more moisturizer there rather than BP to create a balance. I know what you mean. I hope to keep my mouth under control now that I'm on the regimen.. and it's getting cold out. : - /

This happens to me too when I eat and even worse when I go to the dentist. Its just because even when you moisturize your skin is probably still dry and when you open your mouth your skin stretches and the dry skin cracks thus creating flakes. Just moisturize and moisturize some more . . . with Eucerin moisturizer with the lactic acid. You only need to apply that moisurizer around the mouth if you want to.