Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been trying to use concealer/foundation to cover red marks lest from past ance. I AM SICK OF IT!! I can never seem to find the right color and it's useally too dark for my skin (I'm PPP). Or orange. I've tried lots of different makeups to help hide this hoping for a drastic change but with NO success. Plus all makeup does is make your skin look dry, flakey, chalky, and cakey. And it seems to me makeup NEVER wants to blend, so you're left with sploches on your face and you look like a clown. So I've decided to *try* to stop using concealers and foundations. I've been using L'Oreal Quickstick Face & Body Blush in Ripe Plum. (I think). I just apply it over the red spots themselves and over my cheek area and blend with a sponge wedge. It makes my red patches blend better with my skin. I know this is a crazy idea but it has helped me some. It doesn't make my skin the exact same color; you can still see a darker red dot; but it does make it look more natural since the whole cheek area is red. it makes it look natural, like the dot is God-Given. I hope this helps (me & you!) [-o<

I've had the same problem with makeup. Try using makeup brushes instead of a sponge. Makes the makeup go on smoother and blends easier. Also doesn't cake as much because your not using tons of foundation/concealer that the sponge tends to leave behind. Also blotting sheets are my best friend and i carry a little container of moisturizer around with me so when i see things start to get flakey or cakey, mix a little moisturizer in and reblend some of the makeup. Sometimes it works great, other times not so hot. O:)