Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doobie77

Clindamycin gel

I'm using Clindamycin gel in the mornings and Differin cream at night, and I've been having a lot of trouble with greasy, sticky skin.

Has any one else had similar problems? How should I handle this, because it is really annoying... I don't use moisturizer anymore, and it seems like I am constantly blotting my face during the day at work to try to absorb some of the oil. Oh, and I use Clinique Superbalanced foundation, no powder, some blush...

Help!!

Clindoxyl Gel. (Clindamycin and BP). it works great. The BP dries the skin and the Clindamycin is antibiotic. We are in Canada, so, I don't know what it is called anywhere else.

Clindoxyl Gel. (Clindamycin and BP). it works great. The BP dries the skin and the Clindamycin is antibiotic. We are in Canada, so, I don't know what it is called anywhere else.

Here in the U.S., two popular versions of that combination are "Benzaclin" and "Duac Gel".

I'm living in France, and the clindamycin gel my derm prescribed is called "Zindacline". I'm not sure what exists on the market here with clindamycin gel + BP combined.

Would applying a combination of clindamycin gel and BP in the morning have a similar effect as Benzaclin/ Duac/ Clindoxyl?

I used zindaclin (UK) for about 6 or 9 months, and it worked great, then stopped working all together. I've heard that combining the Clindamycin with BP cuts down on the bacteria's ability to become resistant to clindamycin, which is another good reason to look into using it with BP.