Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pizzaman

Roller Coaster ride of acne

Okay, I've been trying dan's regimen for 10 weeks now and I used to have moderate acne. Sometimes had a I few break outs but I did not have anything really serious. I have used proactiv but it did not clear my face. So I looked elsewhere and my mom does this business thing called "quixtar" and they have this "complete care" 3 step acne program but that didn't work either.

So I committed to dan's regimen

And initally i was doing better

But after 2 weeks my face began to break out like crazy

Another 2 weeks and it slowly calms down

Another 2 weeks and I break out again...

this pattern has kept going for the last 10 weeks and I'm getting very frustrated.

It's almost like taking a step forward and then 2 steps back. I feel like my face is NOT clearing up but ultimately making it redder and redder.

I have religiously stuck to the regimen and missed once just applying the 2.5 Benzoyl but that didn't do much.

I watched the videos multiple times and apply and wash with gentleness.

I use Basis Soap in the shower and the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser in the morning.

I have been using Neutrogena's On-The-Spot for my first month and now I use dan's bp

I have used Nivea's SPF 15 Moisturizer but switched to Neutrogena's Combination Skin Moisterizer due to more breakouts from Nivea's Moisturizer.

I want to know how much longer till my face clears up. :pray: because my acne has never been this bad before. I feel like once i started the regimen, my face got worse. I'm thinking about quitting but I don't know what to use if i did quit so I'm gonna trudge through it.

I've also been taking Biotin, Vitamin C, E pills

Basically I've been doing this regimen all correctly but not getting good results...i'm pretty sad :(

hmmmm, 10 weeks and not ANY progress at all?

Are you making sure not to pick, touch, or otherwise irritate your face?

Your products look okay, are you using a GENEROUS amount of bp?

Sometimes it takes a full 3 months to get stubborn or persistent acne under control, make sure you are doing the regimen precisely, and give it a few more weeks. If after that time you are still not having any progress, it might be time to see a dermatologist.