Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkviolet31

cetaphil bar or cetaphil liquid clenser

just wonderig which of these two are better, the bar or the liquid cleanser. i have very dry skin, and i think it might be because i used a bar since the begining of the regimen. i do moisturize with ultra calming aveeno moisturizer and i like it since i don't get so dry after i put it on , but as soon as i wash it off a night i can see the dryness, 2 1/2 weeks on the regimen, can't really use any makeup like powder, too dry skin. any help would be greatful thankx

just wonderig which of these two are better, the bar or the liquid cleanser. i have very dry skin, and i think it might be because i used a bar since the begining of the regimen. i do moisturize with ultra calming aveeno moisturizer and i like it since i don't get so dry after i put it on , but as soon as i wash it off a night i can see the dryness, 2 1/2 weeks on the regimen, can't really use any makeup like powder, too dry skin. any help would be greatful thankx

Do you mean the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser or the other one? Cause if you mean the Gentle Cleanser, it's less drying then the bar, depends on what your skin can handle.

the liquid cetaphil is very gentle and won't dry as much as the bar.

But from what I've seen on these forums, more people have trouble with breakouts from cetaphil liquid, it apparently doesn't clean very well, especially for washing off makeup, if that is an issue for you.

I started w/ the bar b/c I've used that before in the past w/ no bad results. However, the BP was making my skin VERY dry so last week I switched to the liquid. I thought the liquid broke me out in the past, but that coul d have been a number of things. It does nto take off makeup (the bar does a little better job), but I was told to get Almay non oily, non irratating m/u remover pads and gently blot m/u away and then let the liquid rinse it off. I've bene doing this for a few days and so far so good. I've also switched to Cetaphil original lotion (not w/ SPF) b/c that is the only thing that's helped my dry skin. So if I may eventually go back to the bar to clean better and keep the lotion.