Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, its me again for those who remember me. I was on tazorac/doryx/clindagel for about the past 6 months. I saw pretty good results with tazorac after month 3. Its now the summer and im in the sun at least 10 hours a week, and my face just got really dry (not so much burnt like everyone says). SO....I STOPPED TAZORAC. AND I STOPPED DORYX. I stopped the pills because i didnt feel like taking any...i stopped taking them about 5 weeks ago (i had a little breakout for a week then my skin was normal). As of 6 days ago, i have been tazorac free. I only use Clindagel on my face at night time. Thats it! Now, i have gotten about 3 new tiny pimples since i stopped tazorac, but that is normal isnt it?? Can someone answer that question please? Arent u supposed to breakout a little when you stop a med? Cuz i did when i stopped doryx, then my face got back to normal the week after.

So what do u guys think?? I went to the derm the other day and told him i dropped the 2 meds and he was ok with it (he didnt really seem to care since i had only 1 TINY TINY pimple). So we'll see how this goes...any help is welcome!!

I also think my tan helps with acne. I know i know "your acne will return much worse in a week!!!" Lol, whatever, i dont think so, people with clear skin tan all the time and they dont break out so...?

Thanks

Im sorry i dont have any answers to your questions, but I wanted to ask you a question. How badly did you break out when you first started on Tazorac? When did you begin to see results? I've been on it for about 3 weeks, and sometimes I feel like it's working then one day I break out terribly, then the next day the pimples start to go away. Then I break out again. I hope I am not left with a bunch of red marks. Anyway, I appreciate your input.

wormie,

I am on tazorac as well and let me tell ya, I BROKE OUT HORRIBLY. It's starting to subside now and it's been about 3-4 weeks since I started. Keep up with it and just remember, MORE is NOT betta! Pea size amounts and you'll be ok..