Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
changbanger29

MAJOR Success with Brown Marks - Kojic Acid

My face is scattered with acne scars from previoud breakouts. These scars are brown spots and I tried glycolic peels (made it worse!), vinegar & lemon method, tape method, lactic acid peels, hydroquinone, and neutrogena's multi vitamin acne treatment. I had little or no success with these products.

I came across this company called Sonya Dakar from my sister. The specialize in specific skin conditions and they boast that all sorts of celebrities use their products. I checked our their site and I was drawn to the Scarring Package. I was hesitate to spend $200 on this scarring regimen but then I thought to myself, would I spend $200 for a chance to get rid of these scars? Hell yeah I would. Plus they claim a 30 day money back guarentee, so I bought it.

I've been doing the scarring regimen for 4 days now and I'm not kidding I've had 60% improvement in these 4 days! I can't wait for the time to pass because I'm anticipating a full recovery fast. I'll keep you up to date on the rest of the regimen to come. I just thought I would share my experience with these products, you should check out the site. For me personally, nothing worked as good as this, not even close. I'm not trying to sell anything, I'm just sharing my experience maybe giving some people hope.

http://sonyadakar.com/scarringskinsolution.htm

Is it just discolouration (brown spots) you have or do you have indented scars too?

Thanks for sharing. :D

No, they are strictly brown spots, hyperpigmentation, discoloration, whatever you want to call it. I had a lot of spots scattered all over my face, you cant even tell now unless your 2 feet away, even in the worst lighting. I wish I could say it helped indented scarring, but I honestly doubt it just cause I dont think creams or other topicals can really heal indented scars, but thats just my opinion.

How long do you think this stuff will last (as in, how many months' supply)? I have a TON of brown spots on my back from acne over the last few years, and I would just LOVE to get rid of them. Please keep us posted with your progress!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

No, they are strictly brown spots, hyperpigmentation, discoloration, whatever you want to call it.

:-k

](*,)

changbanger29

Thanks for answering that. I guess it must be the kojic acid in one of their products that's helping with the discolouration. You can buy good kojic acid products on their own for much less $.

Yeah I agree, it seems like this regimen of products is mainly based on "cypress and lemon extracts." These ingredients are in 3 of the 4 products you get. And the other product has kojic acid. Maya do you know anything about cypress and lemon extracts put together? Maybe I can make a home remedy for future use instead of spending another $200.

No idea what the cypress is used for but lemon does have a bleaching effect. My feeling is that it is mainly the kojic acid that would work for discolouration though.

I would of posted a pic, but Im already past the "before" part of the regimen. If I showed a pic then it would be a after photo and you wouldnt see the progress Ive made.

but can u still show us a current pic of ur skin now... :-k

it doesnt matter if we didnt get the before..

we jsut wantt to see how clear u are right now

No idea what the cypress is used for but lemon does have a bleaching effect. My feeling is that it is mainly the kojic acid that would work for discolouration though.

What exactly is kojic acid, and how does is help discoloration?

What exactly is kojic acid, and how does is help discoloration?

Kojic acid is a skin lightener produced from a fungus. Kojic acid works by blocking the formation of pigment by the deep cells on the skin. Kojic acid can produce good effects in fighting age spots, pregnancy marks, freckles as well as general skin pigmentation disorders of face and body.

Changbanger- How much Kojic acid in that stuff you using? I'm assuming that's the main active ingredient.

Kojic acid is a skin lightener produced from a fungus. Kojic acid works by blocking the formation of pigment by the deep cells on the skin. Kojic acid can produce good effects in fighting age spots, pregnancy marks, freckles as well as general skin pigmentation disorders of face and body.

Does it work on all skin colors?

Changbanger- How much Kojic acid in that stuff you using? I'm assuming that's the main active ingredient.

I dont know how much Kojic acid Im using. Only one out of the four items has Kojic acid. Its called COMPLEXION CORRECTOR. The jar is only 0.25 oz. It's really really small (costs $75 also!). This regimen is by far the best thing for me.

This was a last resort too because of the price. I bought all other things for scars because of price like lactic acid peels, glycolic acid, I did the vinegar lemon thing, bought hydroquinone. These things all SUCKED!, for me at least. When all else failed, I finally decided to open my wallet and give this stuff a try, sense they have a guarentee as well. This stuff has been a miracle for me personally. But I dont want peope to buy this stuff and then it doesnt work for them and they blame me. Im just saying this stuff worked awesome for me after a weeks use. I'm pretty sure this stuff wont work for indentations just because I dont think topical products can fix that.

Guest Tracy

I am currently using a product that contains kojic acid. It's called Ardell Skin Brightener Complex and you can get it in the US at Sally's Beauty Supply for $6.99

Guest Tracy

Hey there, Anon..........well, I've only been using this product for about 5 or 6 days now......so I can't really say yet. So far so good, though......it's definitely not getting DARKER, so that's a plus. I usually put it on twice a day, morn and nite.......I the package says it's guaranteed to work but that they also recommend the three products combined, and I only bought the one item.

Thanks for the quick reply! There's a Sally Beauty store about 1 mile away from my house, I think I'm gonna give the place a little visit!

Also, do u know the prices of the other 2 items that was recommended for the 3 step treatment? (Ardell Eye Brightener Gel and Ardell Skin Brightener Moisturizer). This is the 3 step treatment u were referring to, right?

http://www.sallybeauty.com/whats_new/0302/...kin/febskin.asp

Guest Tracy

I think each one was about the same price with one maybe being 8.99 versus 6.99...........or was that 4.99 versus 6.99????????? Argghh.......can't remember right now........went shopping at several places during lunch break that day.

The only thing is......it mentions Kojic Acid on the front of the package, yet I couldn't find it in the ingredient list.......so here's a link to a product that clearly states 5% Kojic Acid. It's expensive ($37 I think) but very well may be the way to go......I might break down and buy it myself if this Ardell stuff doesn't do it's job in about three more weeks or so. It's just that I'm a single Mom and I can find SO MANY other uses for $37 than to spend it on Kojic, if you know what I mean???

Hope this is helpful.

http://store.yahoo.com/skintique/skinkojhp.html