Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin is so oily! Does anyone have anything that actually helps dry up the oil on your face?

It is driving me absolutely crazy!

Guest james11

I have pretty much changed my skin from being very oily into what i'd consider a normal moisture level through the use of a good quality Salicylic Acid wash. I use DDF Salicylic 2% wash, once every 2-3 days. Every other day i use Cetaphil wash.

The SA wash is my exfoliant too! So it's an oil reducer and a non-scrub exfoliator, bonus! Prevents Acne too!

The key is that you don't want to dry out the skin, you just want to level the oiliness out.

Guest pokerbugg

ive never tried it but i heard oc8 is great for oily skin ... a href="w"w.oc8.com">www.oc8.com

Guest james11

My suggestion is a "tried and successful" one! I had oily skin for ages and this ended up being the answer. I can give you the exact name of the DDF product if you want to know about it or even try to get it, PM me.

I use oc8, and it works really good. It keeps my skin oil free for about 6 hours. I think that washing your face too much results in more oil production. I just use water to rinse my face, and I've noticed a huge reduction in oil.

I have pretty much changed my skin from being very oily into what i'd consider a normal moisture level through the use of a good quality Salicylic Acid wash.

This is to the poster calling herself "mishmosh":

See what I mean about the confusion over the terms "moisture" and "moisturizer"? They seem to be used rather interchangeably (and confusingly) in regards to either oil OR water. That's why I asked for clarification in that other thread. ;)

Bryan

There is always low dose roaccutane. I take approximately 4mg a day. it works. However I dont want to take this forever. Here is study on low dose roaccutane -

http://www.dermatologytimes.com/dermatolog...il.jsp?id=65528

There is a new product out that I am interested in called Clearogen. I respect the Dr that formulated it and to me it looks promising. I just need to find some extra cash to give it a go. I am looking to get off low dose roaccutane.

There is also a product called Ketsugo. There are mixed reports on this, but I know someone who uses it and says its the only thing that has kept his skin free from excess oil.

I used to use blotting pads...I hate them. I look for ways that will help normalise my skin. I suggest you do the same.

I have also used OC8. It does work, but only for 8 hrs max. And again it isnt helping to feal with the root cause of over active sebaeceous glands, its just masking the problem for a while.

Good luck to you. Oily skin is a nightmare.

Also as the other poster said, salycilic Acid will help future breakout by helping the pores from getting blocked. but i dont see how it will reduce oil production. I too have used Salycilic acid before and it helped keep my skin very clear, but it was still always oily.

ive never tried it but i heard oc8 is great for oily skin ... a href="w"w.oc8.com">www.oc8.com

Hi

I use oc8 and it is ok for about 3-4 hours - i still have to use blotting paper but far less than without the OC8

Also as the other poster said, salycilic Acid will help future breakout by helping the pores from getting blocked. but i dont see how it will reduce oil production.

Neither do I. Doesn't make much sense, unless someone can show me some serious scientific evidence that salicylic acid reduces oil production. I really don't completely trust most people's judgement when it comes to estimating how oily their skin is. There are just too many pitfalls and Old Wives' Tales associated with this issue! ;)

Bryan