Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baz

How deep is deep?

My first posting. Hi there!

I've been reading lots of posts and am kinda confused. What exactly is superficial and what is deep scarring. I mean, it's kinda hard to measure the depth of the scars and the eye can deceive. My scars are almost imperceptible in some lighting conditions but look horrendous in others, such as reflected in a car window or ín a bathroom with overhead spotlights.

I reckon my scars are mostly about 1mm to 2mm deep. Anyway, I hate the damned things and have made it my mission to rid myself of them. From the posts I've read people have varying degrees of success with different treatments, from vinegar (tried that, went red as a berry) to blue peels to the scary-sounding Exoderm (liquifies the skin???).

I'm thinking of getting punch excision/replacement done and then derma or laser.

Anyone have any success stories? Please :-)

Baz

I have heard of the term "superficial scarring", but I'm not quite sure what it is exactly. I've been to two plastic surgeons and one derm to ask about my scarring, all on separate occassions. The surgeons I went to said "it might just be superficial scarring" and had me stand under a light to look at my scars and determine whether it was scarring worthy of dermabrasion. Both surgeons told me my scarring was shallow but numerous, and suggested dermabrasion. So I don't have superficial scarring, but I wonder what it is. I am guessing if it is superficial scarring, it's not really noticeable even under the harsh above-head lights??? If that's the case, why even worry about it then?

Hi Lexy

Thanks for the reply.

I just had a look at your photos and I think that mine are probably about the same depth as yours. I'll put some photos in my profile over the next couple of days.

Like your two frosty mugs of beer :-) Cheers!

Baz

Hi Lexy

Thanks for the reply.

I just had a look at your photos and I think that mine are probably about the same depth as yours. I'll put some photos in my profile over the next couple of days.

Like your two frosty mugs of beer :-) Cheers!

Baz

Wish I could share a mug of beer w/ you too my friend. I could sure use a couple right now thinking about all this scar stuff :wacko:

lol As it happens I'm sipping on a glass of ice cold Chardonnay right now. Just chillin', ya know. Listening to classical music. Are you burning the midnight oil over here or across the "pond"?

lol As it happens I'm sipping on a glass of ice cold Chardonnay right now. Just chillin', ya know. Listening to classical music. Are you burning the midnight oil over here or across the "pond"?

I'm in the states, got my bottle of whiskey right here :D