Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was on Dan's regimen for a little over a year. Sometimes it worked - it definitely improved my face from before. But whenever I missed a wash either at night or in the morning, it would have bad results. Even if I didnt miss one, I would still break out outta, and my face was really dry in between when I washed it, and when I put on the bp gel and lotion. Either way, the regimen was just a long pain in the ass. I mean it would basically be a 30 min procedure before I could finally go to sleep.

Lately I have been washing with just water and have had great results. My roomate who also had bad acne did this at the suggestion of his girlfriend, and it cleared him right up too. I just started this about a week ago and had an initial breakout, but that VERY quickly went away. My skin feels good and pure, not full of chemicals or overdried.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried the 'just water' regimen for any extended period of time, and how did it work for you?

I want to try it...but I've been buying acne products and using them for such a long time that I'm very afraid to just give them up...It's something psychological, I know...I'm cutting back on the products...because my skin is getting so dry...and I've noticed the more dry it gets the worse it breaks out....but I hope to get to the point where I'm only using water and some type of mild cleanser....but good luck...keep posting about your results...it's very interesting...to think that people who suffer with acne SHOULDN'T use all these acne fighting products... It goes against everything we were taught...

thats exactly how I feel too..I mean, some people said that water works...Im not doubting that at all..but Im just scared that using 'nothing' as a regimen will make me break out worse than ever

the reason i tried this to begin with is because after my friend suggested it... i thought about how i never do anything to my nose. i never wash it other than water, never put BP on it at all or lotion, and it never breaks out at all.

maybe some people it doesnt work for or something, but so far its working for me. its so less hassle free too. i hated getting up in the morning, taking a shower, then having another 30 mins of preparation before i could finally go out because you have to wait for shit to try and everything before you can apply the next step.

i think its just a matter of it balances your skin out to its natural levels. i mean think about it, if you have acne youve most likely been using some sort of drying product or drug on it for years now. give this a shot for a week. make sure you give it a fair chance though - you might experience an initial breakout... but thats something to expect with ANY regimen.

so far its working well for me. i will make sure to update you guys if its just beginners luck and it goes bad.

just to update - still going good so far.

when i wash my face, my skin feels like skin. it doesnt feel dry, it doesnt feel oily from lotions. it just feels like normal skin.

no new acne at all from what i can tell. old ones disappearing rapidly. very rapidly.

I was on Dan's regimen for a little over a year. Sometimes it worked - it definitely improved my face from before. But whenever I missed a wash either at night or in the morning, it would have bad results. Even if I didnt miss one, I would still break out outta, and my face was really dry in between when I washed it, and when I put on the bp gel and lotion. Either way, the regimen was just a long pain in the ass. I mean it would basically be a 30 min procedure before I could finally go to sleep.

Lately I have been washing with just water and have had great results. My roomate who also had bad acne did this at the suggestion of his girlfriend, and it cleared him right up too. I just started this about a week ago and had an initial breakout, but that VERY quickly went away. My skin feels good and pure, not full of chemicals or overdried.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried the 'just water' regimen for any extended period of time, and how did it work for you?

Are you using make up? How do you get make-up off without using some sort of cleanser?

you clearly dont need a cleanser if people are having good results without one...............im willing to try this if soemone had a log so it was more convincing

Show us pictures! I really want to see the before and after pictures. Tell what's your severity of your acne? If it's mild it most likely will work. I don't think it will work for severe acne for sure. But, I'm just wondering.

i dont use makeup im a dude.

i dont know why its working without cleanser but it obviously is. so whoever said 'no you need a cleanser' is wrong. ive done a ton of different things over the past couple years including following dan's regimen very closely for extended periods of time - this is working better.

i dont have a camera to record progress but i will keep everyone updated daily.

it doesnt make acne worse...but doesnt make your face as a whole(marks, tone) better. Washing with water ONCE a day will definately help your acne.

I am 40 years old, do not have acne and never use a cleanser on my face. I wear make-up. Water will wash off oil free make up. I use mascara remover on my eyes. I have been using Oil of Olay Moisterizer for years. Some people don't need a cleanser. My daughters, on the other hand use Spectro Gel. Different strokes for different folks. It is definitely worth a try!

40 years old and never had acne, eh? you are just blessed... like my mother.

well i have had bad acne since 5th grade... do you think a 10 year old is using special facial cleansers?!

no. therefore, SOMETHING is needed to fight back, other than water!!!

i dont know why its working without cleanser but it obviously is. so whoever said 'no you need a cleanser' is wrong. ive done a ton of different things over the past couple years including following dan's regimen very closely for extended periods of time - this is working better.

Dude, your a fool. Acne takes time to develop. Just because you've been clear for a week, it means nothing. Keep washing with only water for at least a month before you start proselytizing a regimen which isn't going to work for 99.9% of people - the 0.1% who it will work for didn't wash in the first place.

Dude, your a fool. Acne takes time to develop. Just because you've been clear for a week, it means nothing. Keep washing with only water for at least a month before you start proselytizing a regimen which isn't going to work for 99.9% of people - the 0.1% who it will work for didn't wash in the first place.

"Your" a fool? If you're going to insult my intelligence, learn 6th grade grammar first.

All I'm saying is that this is what I'm trying, and these are my results so far. It worked for my roomate, its working for me. I have logic behind doing this in that my nose never had any pimples or acne, and that was the one part of my face I would never wash with soap, put BP on, or put Cetaphil moisturizer on. I've tried several things over several years and this so far has shown the best results. No reason to insult me - me posting this is an attempt to help others.

As I said, I will keep my progress here. If it doesnt work, you'll know.

Yes, for the last time. Water only.

Another day, no new pimples or anything to report. Things are still going well. I have an existing one that is scabbing up, should be pretty much gone in 1-2 days. My red marks seem to be fading, but I think thats just due to the BP gel not being on there, I heard BP makes your marks last longer and makes them show more.