Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cruella22

Almay kinetin

Anyone who has dry flakey skin will like this makeup. It doesn not dry completely, so you set it with powder and is moisturizing but not heavy and will not clog pores. Plus it contains sunscreens that are best for sens. skin like Titanium dioxide or zinc oxide, which is also good for healing. I was going to try a makeup that didn't dry completely because my skin gets dry form "matte" makeups sometimes, so this drugstore one was good for me.

I'll second that.

I used this during a drier phase my skin went through 2 years ago, and the coverage is great but the texture is amazingly natural, and it doesn't break out the skin.

Good Stuff!

I'll second that.

I used this during a drier phase my skin went through 2 years ago, and the coverage is great but the texture is amazingly natural, and it doesn't break out the skin.

Good Stuff!

It will be discontinued at the end of the year....

The replacment will be Almay Line Smoothing Hydrating MU....almost the same thing....different bottle....

What!! well I better stock up then. Does foundation go bad after awhile? And do you know the ingredients for this new foundation?

What!! well I better stock up then. Does foundation go bad after awhile? And do you know the ingredients for this new foundation?

1st question:

Yes, foundation really only has a shelf life of about 9 months, maybe a year, but that's pushing it.

2nd question:

Yup, made it a bunch of times (I work for the company that makes Alamy).

The formula is almost the same. A little more hydrating. No proplyene glycol. Replaced with it butylene glycol (which is better anway). We added some additional "line smoothing" extracts and stuff (as per marketing). It's a little thinner (only slightly) because of the new bottle. We removed kinetin (it was only in there at a very low percentage anyway). We got better results with this version on a consumer test. It passed comedogenicity test with flying colors, so it won't effect breakouts any more than the original.

The shades are changing a little though.....

Guest mishmosh

Still broke me out. Liquid makeup blocks pores like anything, despite the claims.

Mineral makeup is the only option for acne sufferers. Seen a massive improvement since ive been using it.

Still broke me out. Liquid makeup blocks pores like anything, despite the claims.

Mineral makeup is the only option for acne sufferers. Seen a massive improvement since ive been using it.

Just cuz I make the stuff I don't advocate using it. The claims are just that, claims. I make liquid makeup for a living. I've been working in this industry for 5 years now, and I become more and more disillusioned by it every day. I'm very skeptical as a consumer....I know most cosmetic claims are full of sh*t...iit's all about the "story" marketing creates....if they really worked they'd all be considered "drugs"....

I was never really a big liquid makeup user. I've used it in the past. I use mineral makeup now too. I love the stuff. I don't know if I've seen an improvment in my skin though, but my skin has been through so much and there are so many different variables when it comes to my acne.

I don't think mineral makeup is the only option for people with acne. It might be ok for some. I once quit makeup entirely, just to see if my skin got better. It made no difference.

That's untrue. I use Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation and it does not cause my skin to break out nor does it clog pores.

Guest mishmosh

No wonder I have never heard of it!

It is £30 !

That is WAY out of my price bracket!