Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yarm

Red/Oily Skin with Retin-A/Cetaphil/Shaving

I've been on Retin-A Micro and Minocycline for a few years now. I'm a pale red head with extremely sensitive skin (I can't even change soap without a little bit of a reaction). I've tried different cleansers over the years..usually stuck with cetaphil because it cleared me up the best. However, Cetaphil really dries my skin out so I started using Dermalogica Essential Cleansing which helps moisturize my face a little better. This stuff has alot of ingredients including Salicylic Acid..so I'm wondering if that's reacting with the Retin-A Micro or something. My problem is that my skin is usually OK in the morning (just a little red and dry), but by the night time I am almost bright red and really oily. Washing my face before I go out at night just dries me out tremendously and makes me even more red.

I'm really not sure what causes this. A few years ago the hair on my face seemed to grow slower and thinner and my skin tone was ok if i kept up with the Retin-A Micro and Cetaphil while still shaving everyday. Now my beard is thicker and some of the redness seems to go away when I don't shave, but not even close to all of it. I'm thinking of going back to Cetaphil, but that means a really dried out face again. Moisturizing my entire face just makes me red and oily the whole day too.

I really don't mind having pale skin, but this uneven tone and oiliness makes it really annoying. Any suggestions?