Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fena

To the over 25 crowd -

I am almost to 3 months in the regimen...all is progressing well, but I'm having trouble picking a moisturizer. I've been using neutrogena oil free but now that the air is cold and dry, I feel like it is just not heavy enough.

I know of Dan's recommended list, but am wondering about your experiences.

At 27 my skin isn't as oily as it once was ( but can get shiny) , and I am concerned about fine lines, but of course - I do not want to break out!

I also don't seem to be able to tolerate AHA ( or Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA to be specific).

Theres an overabundance of moisturizers out there and I'd rather not experiment with every one....Any recommendations?

I am almost to 3 months in the regimen...all is progressing well, but I'm having trouble picking a moisturizer. I've been using neutrogena oil free but now that the air is cold and dry, I feel like it is just not heavy enough.

I know of Dan's recommended list, but am wondering about your experiences.

At 27 my skin isn't as oily as it once was ( but can get shiny) , and I am concerned about fine lines, but of course - I do not want to break out!

I also don't seem to be able to tolerate AHA ( or Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA to be specific).

Theres an overabundance of moisturizers out there and I'd rather not experiment with every one....Any recommendations?

Hello. I am a bit oily in summer and a bit dry in winter so I use Avalon Organics, you can buy them at all GNC stores or any healthfood store. Seems to suit my skin perfectly and No breakouts!!

www.avalonorganics.com The ingredients are pure, and no Mineral Oils!! Yeah!!

Hello again --

As you know, I've had great luck with the Eucerin skin renewal. It does contain an AHA, but is supposedly milder than the Neutrogena Healthy Skin w/AHA. The Eucerin has a lightweight texture, but moisturizes very well and keeps the BP flakies at bay.

If that doesn't work, I have used the Cetaphil lotion in the past (though not on the Regimen). I have sensitive skin, and tolerated it very well.

The only ones I'd recommend against are Aveda's oil-free SPF moisturizers (there are two, I can't recall the exact product names). I normally love Aveda products, but these don't work well. They're not particularly moisturizing, and seriously ball up with BP -- even Dan's gel.

I am currently using Anew Advanced All-in-One Max by Avon. But it does have glycolic acid, so if your skin is sensitive to that, it might not be a good choice for you. But it's been very good for my over-35 skin.

im only 21 but i figured id answer anyway..

from what i can remember eucerin skin renewal is a good moisturizer that holds up in cold weather