Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hollythedog

overall red "flushed" skin on face

I've been using bz for quite a while, and my skin is pretty much clear. But I have overall red skin on my face. It's not irritated, it just looks slightly flushed all the time, or like the skin on my face is just several shades redder than the rest of my body. It's not broken blood vessels. It's so annoying, because I have really fair skin, so the redness really stands out. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what to do about it?

Yes! I used the bp for just a few days and my face also was red (my parents kept telling me I looked tan or flushed). Also, my skin got very rough in texture, so I had to stop using the bp for a few days. But the redness went away right after I stopped (like the next day).

Hope this helps!

I cant stop for even a day slept at a girls house the other night woke up the next morning after just one night of not washing or using BP and my skin looked like shit taken me 2 days to get it looking half decent again :D

Hey hollythedog, I have the exact same problem as you. It may be the BP causing the skin to become red and darker when you soak up some sun, which is what seems to be happening to my skin. Before I started the regimen, being under the sun never really was a problem for my skin turning red, and any redness I had would die down within a day. Last week I was playing soccer under the sun with the BP on, and the redness has lingered around on my face for several days since then. I suspect the sun has something to do with the redness, but I'm not totally positive. :-k

Does anyone else have anymore info on this? I don't think I'd want to stop applying the BP because my skin is in the midst of clearing up.

I am 36 and have used every kind of thing available on my face (just started THIS regimen yesterday, however). My face is redder than the rest of my body - very noticeable, I think. The only thing I have found is just to use a GOOD QUALITY makeup to even out my skin tone. If anyone knows anything better, I'd love to hear it!

ive been working outdoors all day and now im all red except around my eyes where i didnt really apply bp, i look like i had sunglasses on n fell asleep in the sun. but im gonna keep with the regimen unless someone tells me otherwise...

I get red around the eyes and inner cheaks mainly. This way it's even more easy to notice, it looks like i have sunburn. My mum asked if i wanted her to get some sunblock, lol. :evil:({|=

I wonder if dan suffered with this?

I have been splashing my face with a mixture of cold water and vinegar (for itching), and it seems to help with the redness too.

Redness is normal and to be expected for the first few weeks. After that, it should subside. For those of you still experiencing redness:

1. Moisturize twice daily and more or less generously.

2. Make sure you are only using 2.5% bp. Very important.

FYI - I *am* experiencing CLEARING skin. If it's THIS easy, and no one's told us, I am going to be SO UPSET!!!!

Things are getting better still! I have pictures I am saving to show. I am not itching as badly, and the redness has decreased. I am AMAZED!

I have the exact same problem with redness.... except..

ive been on the regimen for nearly 3 months and my skin is incredibly RED compared to my neck and arms! I moisturize twice a day and use 2.5 bp.... I dont understand whats going on.... should i quit and restart with a half a finger and upping the dosage? I think i started too fast....

these are the products i use:

(1)purpose soap

(2)cetaphil moisturizer with spf15

(3)Neutrogena on the spot 2.5%

can someone help?

I have started the regimen again because I stopped and I began to break-out. It has been almost a month since I've re-started the regimen. For the first two weeks I started with half a finger-worth of bp for both of

my cheeks, since those are my problem areas. In the 3rd week I increased the amount of bp and my skin began to get red. I'm positively

sure it has nothing to do with the sun because I've had no direct sun exposure in my face. Even when I first started on the regimen my face

was red like the 1st two months. Maybe the sun makes the redness

seem a bit brighter, but it's not the cause of the redness.

It does go away. Dan also says that it will subside after a while of being on the regimen. I'm going to continue with the regimen same dosage as Dan recommends, and I think you should do the same. Redness is not as bad as having a bunch of pimples.