Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
briskfrito

Visited the derm today...

I told her about my blue light and how it didn't work. I then brought up the discussion about going on to Accutane and she said "if you want to go that route...". Finally found a derm that cares and respects my decision.

What I found amusing was that she kept saying "I have a ton of people on Accutane...etc etc". It started to make me think that maybe people are finally getting the clue that these other bullshit products don't work and Accutane is pretty much the way to go.

On another note... I saw a girl walking out of the office with a Blue Light brochure. Oh how I wanted to stop her and say "Lady...don't waste your money".

yea i know what you mean. accutane is the only thing that has a chance of curing acne. i understand doctors not wanting to use it on 16 year olds, kids in puberty and stuff because they can grow out of it. but when you are 20+, you arent growing out of it and im definilty not going to try out 50 different creams and gels until i find something that works ok and have to apply it every night and let acne control my life.

this is my conclusion:

if u have mild acne, topicals and lesser medications will work for you

if you have moderate to severe, do accutane because i've noticed it's the only thing that truly works.

just cause you have mild acne is doesnt mean topicals will work for you. my acne could be considered mild, but its persistant and nothing ive tired in 4 or 5 years has worked for it besides accutane. just because your acne isnt horrible doesnt mean you shouldnt be allowed to use accutane. if you are willing to accept the risks and symptoms, you should be allowed, not by a level of how much your life sucks with acne.

just cause you have mild acne is doesnt mean topicals will work for you. my acne could be considered mild, but its persistant and nothing ive tired in 4 or 5 years has worked for it besides accutane. just because your acne isnt horrible doesnt mean you shouldnt be allowed to use accutane. if you are willing to accept the risks and symptoms, you should be allowed, not by a level of how much your life sucks with acne.

amen

im definilty not going to try out 50 different creams and gels until i find something that works ok and have to apply it every night and let acne control my life.

This is what made me decide to go on Accutane. It's getting sickening to have to put on cream every night and worry about my hygiene process while others can just wake up and take a shower and be done with it. I wouldn't wish this disease on my worst enemy.

I have to say that even though my side effects seem really rough right now, I wish I would have gotten on 'tane sooner than I did. I wish I would have gotten on this crap last April when my acne started flaring up again instead of trying to "fix" it for four months, only having it get more ugly! I could have avoided the horrific breakout I got in August and saved myself the possible scarring that I *might* have on the sides of my chin. (I can't tell yet because the marks are still red two months later. When they fade out more, I'll have a better idea if they're permanent or not!)

Anyway, I'm 26 so it's pretty obvious that all of that other topical crap wasn't going to nip this in the bud. Should have just gone for the big guns from the start!

yea i should have gone on a second round in the beginning of summer, i was so used to clear skin i didnt even think about it, i had totally forgotten what having acne was like. i could easily get accutane if i was in saudi arabia still and thats what ill do if i cant get any until december. now ive got appts with a couple different derms to see who will understand my story. i may not have massive cysts, but as soon as i get kind of clear, boom another 4 or 5 pop up. why deal with this if i know my body can easily handle accutane? now i just got to find a doc thats got his head out of his ass.

This is what made me decide to go on Accutane. It's getting sickening to have to put on cream every night and worry about my hygiene process while others can just wake up and take a shower and be done with it. I wouldn't wish this disease on my worst enemy.