Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautyBabe

Has anyone ever become completely clear from taking Minocycline?

probably. but then again the spots will come back after you stop... unless you grow out of the acne whilst youre on the drug.

i've been on mino for about 3 months... its doing SOMETHING, but not really clearing me up completely. i still have lots of red marks and stuff

mino won't clear you up. it will decrease inflammation, make the pimples smaller and help in the healing process. you need to combine it with other stuff for managed results.

mino won't clear you up. it will decrease inflammation, make the pimples smaller and help in the healing process. you need to combine it with other stuff for managed results.

Not true i've been on mino for almost 6 weeks now and i havent used anything else. Some areas of my face have cleared up completely. Inflamation + Pimple sizes have reduced dramatically.

Mino cleared me up completely - until it didn't anymore. It worked wonders for a couple of months but gradually lost effectiveness. Its a good drug choice if you are hoping/thinking your acne is a phase. If you have persistant acne, or are older, your only solution is either topicals (if they can keep you clear enough) or Accutane.

Not true i've been on mino for almost 6 weeks now and i havent used anything else. Some areas of my face have cleared up completely. Inflamation + Pimple sizes have reduced dramatically.

extremOR....thats what I SAID!

it will decrease inflammation, make the pimples smaller and help in the healing process

:P

it will decrease inflammation, make the pimples smaller and help in the healing process

No, untrue. It actually prevents pimples.

It kills P.Acnes in the pore (it's fat soluble).

In practice it didn't work well for me; I was on a horrible rollercoaster where I would go on it, after 10 weeks I would be clear, for the next 2 weeks, then the doc would take me off, and I would break out within a week again. And then I would go back on it, and the cycle would repeat.

And you can't stay on it forever, it's dodgy for long term usage (causes Lupus after a few years in some people).

it IS suppposed to be able to clear you up...but realistically it doesn't in a large portion of the population. Mind you..what do you consider clear? see for me clear would me 0 pimples. ever.

I get one or two tiny ones that go away within the week..is that clear? for some yes. for me..not really. Then of course theres always occasional flare-ups

probably. but then again the spots will come back after you stop... unless you grow out of the acne whilst youre on the drug.

i've been on mino for about 3 months... its doing SOMETHING, but not really clearing me up completely. i still have lots of red marks and stuff

This is what i have been told. I don't understand why they didn't just put me on Roaccutane again instead of making me take this for 3 months first! :rolleyes:

Ive been on Mino for 3 months or so with a regime of benzaclin or bp as well and its worked wonders.

I still have a long way to go because I still have lots of red marks and some small pimples still pop up but it is much better than it used to be in ever way. And most areas of my face are 100% clear now

I don't understand why they didn't just put me on Roaccutane again instead of making me take this for 3 months first! :rolleyes:

It's because Accutane scares the shit out of doctors (more so, if anything, than it does the patients).

It's a treatment of last resort. They're hoping that the mino will clear you up.

When I took it, the sideeffect sheet was about 4 square feet.

And accutane doesn't always work either.

my personal opinion...but i wouldn't touch proactive with a 50 foot poll after some of the side effects i've heard. i'd much rather go through my derm and get something prescription.

Been on mino for almost 6 months, and it has been more effective than anything else I have tried for my acne. I'm practically 100% clear, but I keep worrying it's going to quit working one of these days and i will be backl where I started.

I've also been on mino for about 6months and am pretty much 100% clear - I constantly worry it'll quit working one but fingers crossed!

Mino has cleared me completely once, in about 4-5 months.

The acne came back.

I went back on Mino, for around 8 months now, things improved, but I didn't clear 100%. Things are getting worse again now, I think.

I've got a prescription for Enthromycin, which I'm hoping will do what Mino did for me the first time!

I just pray it works.

im about 4-5 weeks on mino 2x 100mg + Enthromycin 2% facial pads + 2 laser sessions (6 more to come, 2 times a week, first session started last week)

now i must say i dont break as much as i used to and my marks arent that red like they used.. im actually happy with the results. heh my doc said if im not happy with the results after all laser sessions he will put me on accutane :S

but now it takes like 124 light years for redmarks to totally dissapear..

Honestly I don't think there's one thing that makes you completely clear. Every thing out their will leave you with post acne marks or acne scars :mad: and they both take a long time to get rid of :wall:

extremOR....thats what I SAID!

:P

lol Sorry, what i meant was minocycline does work by its self and does clear you up.

i'm very sorry you got sick spottiedottie...but that risk isn't the same for everyone.

Mino is a good product that is very widely prescribed.