Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmoALaura

Dermabrasion/Exoderm/CO2 veterans

Hi, i wanted to ask dermabrasion/Exoderm/CO2 veterans whether the resurfaced healthy skin (not the skin of the scar, but the skin around it) continues to grow months after the procedure to the same level it was before the treatment, or it stays as thin as it is two weeks after the procedure? I mean, resurfacing methods destroy the outer layers of the skin, and i have read that it didn't regenerate completely for some of the posters here. I am 11 weeks post Exoderm and i think a part of my nose where the Exoderm solution penetrated deeper is thinner than before, making me look a little different than before, it drives me mad and i wanted to know if is there any possibility that it could grow slowly back or is it going to stay that way. Thank you ! :cry:

I had CO2 resurfacing done about a year and a half ago, and my skin seems to pretty much be back to its normal thickness now. Mine was very thin and fragile for several MONTHS after that procedure though.

I'm not really familiar with the healing process with exoderm, but sounds like you're skin is just still in the healing stage as it's only been 11 weeks since your procedure.

Take care and don't worry just yet :angel:

I had CO2 resurfacing done about a year and a half ago, and my skin seems to pretty much be back to its normal thickness now. Mine was very thin and fragile for several MONTHS after that procedure though.

I'm not really familiar with the healing process with exoderm, but sounds like you're skin is just still in the healing stage as it's only been 11 weeks since your procedure.

Take care and don't worry just yet :angel:

littlefrog75 thank you for your kind words, i hope it comes back to its original state, i am a bit less worried now after reading your post, thank you :)

There's a high likelihood that it may get worse. In fact, your nose may even fall off. But what the hell, halloween's coming..!!!

Hi, i wanted to ask dermabrasion/Exoderm/CO2 veterans whether the resurfaced healthy skin (not the skin of the scar, but the skin around it) continues to grow months after the procedure to the same level it was before the treatment, or it stays as thin as it is two weeks after the procedure? I mean, resurfacing methods destroy the outer layers of the skin, and i have read that it didn't regenerate completely for some of the posters here. I am 11 weeks post Exoderm and i think a part of my nose where the Exoderm solution penetrated deeper is thinner than before, making me look a little different than before, it drives me mad and i wanted to know if is there any possibility that it could grow slowly back or is it going to stay that way. Thank you ! :cry: