Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.brian.

i started the regimen

well i have been reading on this site for a while, and finally decided to try the regimen for myself. i have tried every OTC product available with little or no results. i have a closet full of washes/gel/creams/soaps that if anything made my acne worse.

i started going to the dermatologist about 3 years ago, and have been on basically almost everything except accutane. i am currently taking minocycline, and have been for about a year and a half, and have seen somewhat of an improvement. however, i am always greeted with a few pimples when i wake up in the morning, which is frustrating. and every few weeks, after improvement, my face gets bad for about a week or two, and then starts to get better again. my problem areas are my forehead and also right around my mouth/chin area. and occasionally i get a pimple on my cheek.

i started the regimen 2 days ago, and i have seen an increase in acne (not sure if it is from the regimen or just my usual bad time) i will keep posting to let everyone know how it goes and hopefully i end up like many of the success stories i have read about. i will be keeping my fingers crossed.

good luck w/ the regimen. Alot of people do experience an initial breakout so that could be it those pimples were probably already there just waiting to surface and the BP brought them up faster. Keep at it. :)

well almost a week and i have not noticed any real improvement. just very dry, almost "hard" skin. not really too flakey though, just very dry/rough. also noticebaly red. despite all, i will continue on.

well it is nov 3 and my face is clearing up somewhat. i am still very red though, and very dry. my skin feels tight. kinda flakey. is there anything i can do to make this "tighness" of my skin go away? or should it subside after a while?

You are using moisturizer, right? Maybe try a heavier moisturizer or applying it more often throughout the day.

You are using moisturizer, right? Maybe try a heavier moisturizer or applying it more often throughout the day.

yes, neutrogena for sensitive skin. i apply twice a day, and usally that helps with the dry skin, but the redness :( also, after i shave, the moistureizer burns for a few seconds, then goes away. i really want to try a new moistureizer, but am going to stick it out with the neutrogena. i am actaually surprised with my results so far, just a few small pimples on the forehead, but i think i can def see a small improvement so far.

edit: silly question.....is the b.p. the cause for making me red, or the neutrogena? or a combination of both?

yes, neutrogena for sensitive skin. i apply twice a day, and usally that helps with the dry skin, but the redness :( also, after i shave, the moistureizer burns for a few seconds, then goes away. i really want to try a new moistureizer, but am going to stick it out with the neutrogena. i am actaually surprised with my results so far, just a few small pimples on the forehead, but i think i can def see a small improvement so far.

edit: silly question.....is the b.p. the cause for making me red, or the neutrogena? or a combination of both?

The tight dry skin will eventually go away but until then I just applied moisturizer throughout the day as I needed it. I also had the problem with the burning with the neutrogena moisturizer. I changed to Cetiphil and haven't had problems since. Also it seemed to help moreso with the dry flaking skin. Good luck and stick it out I never got my true results until about week 7 and have been pretty much completely clear since!!!

The tight dry skin will eventually go away but until then I just applied moisturizer throughout the day as I needed it. I also had the problem with the burning with the neutrogena moisturizer. I changed to Cetiphil and haven't had problems since. Also it seemed to help moreso with the dry flaking skin. Good luck and stick it out I never got my true results until about week 7 and have been pretty much completely clear since!!!

well that is a relief. i hate the feeling of my skin being tighter than a nun. is cetaphil moistureizer good for sensitive skin that easily gets red? i do like the neutrogena because it does not leave me really greasy looking (despite other people who says it leaves them greasy) and it just seems really "lightweight" how is the cetaphil compared to neutrogena?

I started the regimen last Friday and my face is so clear today. I was amazed. Stick with it. It really works. I didn't go through any of the tightness or redness b/c I have used Proactiv which has BP in it. Just stick it out. I have been every medication you can think of including Accutane. I have used Proactiv for 7 years and nothing compares to this regimen. I know it's only been a week for me but if it can work for me- I think it can work for anyone!

Iread on a diffrent thread that you will break out b/c your pimples hadn't formed yet. Just stick with it!

amy h....

i had been on everything except accutane, with minimal to no results. i had eery OTC product you can think of. then i saw the regimen and decided to give it a whirl. i am def gonna stick with it, hopefully the redness and tighness goes away. congrats with your success :clap: hopefully i will have similar results. it has been about 9 days since i started.

Guest james11

I started the regimen last Friday and my face is so clear today. I was amazed. Stick with it. It really works. I didn't go through any of the tightness or redness b/c I have used Proactiv which has BP in it. Just stick it out. I have been every medication you can think of including Accutane. I have used Proactiv for 7 years and nothing compares to this regimen. I know it's only been a week for me but if it can work for me- I think it can work for anyone!

Iread on a diffrent thread that you will break out b/c your pimples hadn't formed yet. Just stick with it!

Have you been using Benzoyl Peroxide products consistently for 7 years?

Hi .brian.

Do us a fave and let us know what products you're using and exactly what you're doing morning and evening. Also, check out http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html and http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking and comment on what you read there.

Dan

morning and night

wash with purpose bar

spot treat problem areas with neutorgena on the spot

neutrogena moisturizer

shave daily using brut shaving cream with aloe and vitamin e

i will read those links and post after i read as to my thoughts on them...thanks for the info/help

i am using suggested/similar products....not adding other products.....not scrubbing too hard...not missing a day. overall, i am very happy with my results so far. i am not thinking about stopping or anything along those lines, i am just sticking with it in hopes that the redness goes away in time (hopefully sooner rather than later)

almost two weeks into the regimen.....

face is still kind of dry, but not nearly as bad as it was before. also, still a little red, but once again, not as bad as previously. a few new pimples on the forehead this morning, but they were very small.

i just ordered the BP gel today, so hopefully i will be getting that at some point this week. i can't wait to try it. thank god i don't have to buy that tiny, yet expensive, neutrogena on the spot.

13 days into the regimen.....

considerable redness has gone away, still a little red though, but not nearly as bad.

another new pimple my forehead, again, very small

still a little dry before moistureizer around my mouth, but i have a feeling that has to do with shaving.

thinking about throwing in baking soda (is that it) for an exfoliator....

2 weeks in.....

i noticed no new pimples when i woke up this morning (the first time that has happened in a long long long time)

still a little red, but i don't mind that so much. overall, i am very happy so far with how things are going. i was a little hesitant at first, seeing as how i was very red and dry in the beginning, but i am glad i stuck through it so far.

well i just recieved my clear skin regimen gel. i must say, i got this product in 3 days, i am very pleased with the shipping. i came home from school and was very shocked and excited to see that it came already. :dance: considering i ordered it on sunday and it is now wednesday. that is how a business should be ran.

Hi Brian,

I noticed you said "spot treating". Hmmm....the regimen isn't a spot treatment. If you want to try the regimen, you'll want to put bp on your entire problem area. BP prevents acne, so you want to put it anywhere where you might break out.

Dan

Hi Brian,

I noticed you said "spot treating". Hmmm....the regimen isn't a spot treatment. If you want to try the regimen, you'll want to put bp on your entire problem area. BP prevents acne, so you want to put it anywhere where you might break out.

Dan

well now that i recieved my c.s.r gel, i can apply liberally all over my problem areas. :) thanks for the reply

well i just recieved my clear skin regimen gel. i must say, i got this product in 3 days, i am very pleased with the shipping. i came home from school and was very shocked and excited to see that it came already. :dance: considering i ordered it on sunday and it is now wednesday. that is how a business should be ran.

.brian. - What is your new steps that you are taking? I am going to start with the regimen next week! I currently use Proactive and I am stepping away from it.

Thank you,

David

morning and night regimen

wash with purpose bar

clear regimen BP gel

neutrogena oil free moisture for sensitive skin

not sure if im gonna get an answer in this thread but i will try.

after i wash with the purpose bar, my face feels very tight, and semi-hard. should i consider switching my cleaner? should i try a wash instead of a bar? i am beginning to think a lot of my dryness is due to the purpose bar.

Edited by .brian.

I used to get that tight feeling when I was using basic bar (the white one) and then I switch to clean & clear foaming facial cleanser for sensitive skin and no more tight feeling.

13 days into the regimen.....

considerable redness has gone away, still a little red though, but not nearly as bad.

another new pimple my forehead, again, very small

still a little dry before moistureizer around my mouth, but i have a feeling that has to do with shaving.

thinking about throwing in baking soda (is that it) for an exfoliator....

hi brian

u could use oral b electric toothbrush with ur cleanser for exfoliating.........it will take away all the flakes from ur skin and will make it really smooth to touch......its just been 2 days of exfoliating and my husband says "howz ur face so smooth today" ........

i used baking powder earlier...for me it caused scarring and burning...may work for u ....cant say ....