Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
searchingforthesolution

Ancient Chinese Acne Remedy (hormonal acne), adapted from book: Beauty Feng Shui

I was exploring a site with lots of natural suggestions, and found this. It's really really simple, and consists only of a specific exercise, repeated. Anyone have thoughts on this? I thought it was worth posting for anyone feeling it couldn't hurt to try. I may try it myself.

Simple Solution

Acne is often caused by a disruption of the hormonal system, and aggravated by bad diet and stress. This ancient Chinese secret for bringing the hormones back into balance will help to clear up acne as it helps you to feel more energized and whole.

Find out the remedy here:

1. Stand with your legs spread shoulder-width apart, hold your arms straight out in front of you, and interlock your fingers.

2. Inhale and lift your hands over your head. As you exhale, move your upper body from right to left with your back bent slightly backward, using the strength of your hips to do this.

3. Inhale again and return to your starting position while exhaling. Repeat this exercise eight times.

I'd love to see it work, but my mind just tells me it won't. Having said that, I do have a great deal of respect for chinese medicine, and like you say, it won't hurt to try.

Do you have the link to the site it came from, or any sites on this topic worth looking at?

From the looks of it, is just a sort of stress excercise, so if it works, you know your acne is related to stress.

Hi jnm,

Like you, I also have respect for chinese approaches/remedies, and don't know if this could help, but it is something that is free to try and who knows, maybe it could surprise us.

The website I found it on (www.care2.com) was recommended to me by someone recently. Here is a more specific link where you can find lots of other things as well relating to health (skin care, natural therapies, body, mind & spirit, etc.): http://www.care2.com/channels/lifestyle/self#45 and more specifically, the link that the information I posted came from: http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/self/2106

Two websites amongst many others that I like a lot, if you enjoy natural approaches, are www.pioneerthinking.com (lots to explore) and www.ayurbalance.com.

Take care.

:angel:

Matchu - well, this exercise seems to be more in reference to hormones, but they do acknowledge that stress and an unhealthy diet can worsen things. I'm sure it would also help to relieve stress, but I think the exercise is primarily meant to balance hormones somehow.

hummm, I'll try it, the only thing that it can do is help :D. When you interlock your fingers are your palms facing your body or away form your body?

have you guys ever heard/do about Qi gong? This exercise ^ sounds kinda like Qi gong. heres some info on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qigong Qi gong is suppose to be real healing

Hi Olivia. :angel:

From my understanding, the palms are facing each other, like a prayer pose (but with fingers interlocked), not as if you were stretching, so not away from the body.

I will have a look at the link you shared. I think I heard of Qi gong (the name) before but I am not sure. The link will help me learn more about it, so thank you!

also do you know if it better to do this in the morning or night? Or does it even matter? Away from food?:wacko: thanks for sharing this with us :)

That's a really good question, and to be honest, I don't know for sure, but I know that exercise is usually encouraged in the morning rather than evening, so it might be a safe bet to do it early on in the day.

I wouldn't do it right after eating, so as not to disrupt the digestion. I would wait at least 1 hour after a proper meal. I think if you have a light snack it would be alright to do it after a shorter period.

I think what could be good is to wake up, have something to drink (preferably water), wait a bit (ex. 5-10 minutes), then do the exercise to start off the day, but I really don't know if this is right or not. I wish I knew so I could answer your question better. If I find out anything more, I'll let you know.

Here is a link to the book that it was adapted from, for anyone interested: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

Seems interesting!

Thanks for the links...this sounds interesting and I love all the other tips that site gives.